Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading the Times before the game.

What a twat Oliver Kay is - FA Cup final and the title reads:
"City a brilliant team but true greats rule Europe"
Then bleets about Pep mentioning the Charity Shield insisting we'll apparently be calling this a Quad - I don't think so!!

It will be a remarkable treble should we win today, and they hate, hate, hate us for it!!

I think we should honestly play along if we win today and have t shirts printed with ‘meaningless treble / quadruple ‘ printed in them. To be honest we have to adopt a siege mentality - everyone is against us but we’ll be fine if we stick together. City should stop cooperating with the media - fuck em. Until they treat us with respect - don’t cooperate. Don’t ban them - just fulfill our obligations with yes no answers etc. We are the best team in England and we are treated with derision so we should push back until we get the respect we deserve. Can’t understand these pictures of us giving the media champagne! With the exception of Brennan I’d serve those fuckers battery acid. Vermin the lot of them.

I read it and thought it was absolutely fine and just a debatable opinion. Judging by his Twitter, he's not happy about the headline, and given he argues the opposite to it I'm not surprised.

Again, there have been some absolute arseholes out there this week, I don't see any reason to pile in on someone who has written a perfectly fair article where there is some nuance we may or not may accept fully.
It's not debatable though is it,they just keep moving the goal posts on what makes us great,if we win the CL it will be we have to win it 10 times to be a great team

I read it and thought it was absolutely fine and just a debatable opinion. Judging by his Twitter, he's not happy about the headline, and given he argues the opposite to it I'm not surprised.

Again, there have been some absolute arseholes out there this week, I don't see any reason to pile in on someone who has written a perfectly fair article where there is some nuance we may or not may accept fully.
To be fair I'd got pretty annoyed reading his initial paragraphs.
He does go on to be more positive - makes you wonder about selective editing.
I still don't like it either way!

I think we should honestly play along if we win today and have t shirts printed with ‘meaningless treble / quadruple ‘ printed in them. To be honest we have to adopt a siege mentality - everyone is against us but we’ll be fine if we stick together. City should stop cooperating with the media - fuck em. Until they treat us with respect - don’t cooperate. Don’t ban them - just fulfill our obligations with yes no answers etc. We are the best team in England and we are treated with derision so we should push back until we get the respect we deserve. Can’t understand these pictures of us giving the media champagne! With the exception of Brennan I’d serve those fuckers battery acid. Vermin the lot of them.
I was thinking about siege mentality myself on the way down.
I think the club has finally gone into that mode based on recent comments.
Come on the Blues

To be fair I'd got pretty annoyed reading his initial paragraphs.
He does go on to be more positive - makes you wonder about selective editing.
I still don't like it either way!

There are bits in it I don't agree with him about - but there's a difference between something like this where he makes a case we may or may not accept, and the hatchet jobs elsewhere. We don't have to agree with every single word in an article to think it fair comment.

John Barnes calling for a salary cap to prevent city dominating. Liverpool have a higher wage bill as per last released finances. But that doesnt make its way into the conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.