Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s likely already been posted, but I’ve just read this from Miguel Delaney at the Independent, and I cannot believe this is now the general framing of everything the club does.

Man City: Why a diminished treble leaves fans with greater questions ahead of the FA Cup final

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-treble-pep-guardiola-abu-dhabi-a8917671.html

He actually openly discusses the problems with City supporters, namely in our “defending the club” or supposedly “defending Abu Dhabi”. He makes broad generalisations and again links our success directly with cheating and war crimes.

And, for those that don’t think this sort of coverage matters at all, I can assure you it does. I have quite literally been told off by various people due to my love of City (it started a year ago and has gotten worse), many of them righteous Americans that now see Liverpool as the club doing things “the right way” and City as war criminals that should be banned from playing all together. I’ve got cousins (on the Spanish side) questioning my ethics for “still supporting City after all that has been uncovered”... and one of them is a ****ing Madridista (I’ve already point out the irony of that on several occasions). I’m getting messages off mates from various other places in the world questioning my allegiance. And it’s worse here in Boston due to Liverpool’s ownership, of course.

I was actually at the New England Revolution v Chelsea friendly at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday (my league team went as our captain is a Chav) and witnessed another lad in a City shirt taking a sucker punch from a **** in a Liverpool shirt as he yelled “**** Man City!” and then “****ing child killers!” as he ran (a couple of ours chased him down the concourse but couldn’t get him as I and few others went to the lad that was now on the ground). None of us got a good look at him so the police said there wasn’t much they could do other than to file the report. Neither team was playing and the lad in the City shirt said he hadn’t talked to the **** that did it at all. And I can somewhat relate, as I’ve gotten negative comments off a few randoms whilst merely walking around Boston in a City shirt, some vitriolic.

It really has gotten worse and that is in large part to this sort of reporting becoming the norm. We have a fight on our hands, lads, so ready yourself.
Child killers eh? How old was the youngest victim of heysel?

Forget the media and let’s all soak up city being the best, we won’t change what they write so if we ignore them then that’s job done.they know it’s winding us all up so move on and rise above it like closing this thread would be a great start.

Back page of the mirror today is a big pic of sane and vinny wiping away a tear and about pep's clearout of players

Talksport this morning the silly woman saying ben foden might leave to get more playing time and city fans have lost their sense of humour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.