Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they win the champions league and the super cup. They could play in the world club cup in December which could fuck their season up. This also goes for the other 3 English teams in the finals but I don’t think they’ll be as close to us as Liverpool though.

Still want spurs to smash them

Lots of bile on RAWK including this list of our FA cup opponents this year-as if it's our fault:

Rotherham
Burnley
Newport County
Swansea
Brighton
Watford

No mention of course of the teams they faced to win a couple of those European Cups 40 odd years ago:

Crusaders
Trabzonspor
St. Etienne
Zurich
Bayern

of which they lost 2 games

The next season was not much harder as they had a bye in the 1st round so only actually played 7 games to win it of which they also lost 2.

Lots of bile on RAWK including this list of our FA cup opponents this year-as if it's our fault:

Rotherham
Burnley
Newport County
Swansea
Brighton
Watford

No mention of course of the teams they faced to win a couple of those European Cups 40 odd years ago:

Crusaders
Trabzonspor
St. Etienne
Zurich
Bayern

of which they lost 2 games

The next season was not much harder as they had a bye in the 1st round so only actually played 7 games to win it of which they also lost 2.

Here's Liverpool's list of opponents in this year's FA Cup.

Wolves.

Sorry but Swansea were 2-0 up in the first half , then you scored in the 69th minute . The penalty was in the 78th minute , it was a terrible decision that Swansea would never have got , and as for the offside in the 88th minute .
Anyway Yesterday was very impressive .
Watford needed a break , and they didn’t get it when Kevin Friend , pulled back an attacking phase, but didn’t book your player , and they needed to have taken their only real chance when 2 on 1 and your goalie made a great save
It was a penalty, get over it.

Sorry but Swansea were 2-0 up in the first half , then you scored in the 69th minute . The penalty was in the 78th minute , it was a terrible decision that Swansea would never have got , and as for the offside in the 88th minute .
Watford needed a break , and they didn’t get it when Kevin Friend , pulled back an attacking phase, but didn’t book your player , and they needed to have taken their only real chance when 2 on 1 and your goalie made a great save

No one gives a fuck in the same way you didnt give a fuck when Llorente hand balled a goal in against us.

I don’t agree on the penalty- it wasn’t what I would call stone wall but there was certainly enough contact. As soon as we had the equaliser the game was only ending one way if it went into extra time. We didn’t play well and Swansea probably deserved something but good teams find a way to win.

Not sure what your point is regarding Watford. We gave them their best chance when Zinchenko fluffed his lines and their finishing was woeful. The incident you refer to was in our half when the ref didn’t play the advantage- but you’re clutching at straws if you think that was a potential chance. Would any of this made a difference? I very much doubt it.

You come on here telling us how we got lucky but you got to the Champions league semi final with some dubious decisions - and that was using VAR technology. The miss-use of VAR thar evening and the incompetence of the officials ultimately cost us and Spurs got lucky.

I wish you all the luck in the world against the Dippers but it sounds to me like your coming on here doing a bit of subtle wumming while we’re celebrating

Mate, let it go.
Everyone on here is a Spurs fan for the next 2 weeks.
Why spoil the goodwill.

Went on RAWK for the first time since December last night.
Their Chasing the Title thread is absolute quality reading.
In December/January it’s all about maths equations and how they’ll win the title...then roll on to May and it’s all about doping & ffp and no one cares that City won the title as they cheated to get it, even though they spent more and have a higher wage bill then us last season lol
No mention of financial doping in the 70’s & 80"s though...funny that!

I think at one point they changed the title of the thread to ‘the chasing pack’ or similar but then for some unkown reason - can’t think why - they changed it back.

Prior to FA cup, I was out and about unexpectedly on a task.
Met with a very engaging, clearly eclectic travelled guy.
...turned out to be a Liverpool fan.

And with one statement from him, all the previous chit-chat was deemed suspect, and tainted.

Him: so do you support a Manchester...
Me: yes, city, I should have put my 20 year old t-shirt on, before coming out, haha
Him: you’re one of the few supporters from before the money then?

Didn’t go well from that point.

Still, at least I signed off with ‘come on Tottenham!’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.