UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the club has already lost.

If you think public perception doesn't matter then you are beyond naive. Being cleared in the courts doesn't matter, everyone has already decided we are guilty no matter the verdict.

And that massive negative public perception has real life consequences for the club and the fans, whether its players or managers getting fed up of lack of recognition and constant criticism, turning new players/managers away or just stunting the growth of the fanbase and sponsors not wanting to be associated with City.

I really hope the club doesnt think that a simple win in the court over the latest FFP investigation will solve anything.
Your going well over the top there. Not everyone hates us, far from it. Indeed, lots of supporters of other clubs can see just what’s going on with the media and FFP.

Then the club has already lost.

If you think public perception doesn't matter then you are beyond naive. Being cleared in the courts doesn't matter, everyone has already decided we are guilty no matter the verdict.

And that massive negative public perception has real life consequences for the club and the fans, whether its players or managers getting fed up of lack of recognition and constant criticism, turning new players/managers away or just stunting the growth of the fanbase and sponsors not wanting to be associated with City.

I really hope the club doesnt think that a simple win in the court over the latest FFP investigation will solve anything.
I disagree, if you believe we aren't going to sign players or lose out on sponsorships because of a bit of 'negative press' then that is a bit naive. Every business, country and person of power gets bad press, the world keeps turning.

What real life consequences have you suffered?
I work in an office and see on average about 200 people a day all big football fans and not one has mentioned a single thing about FFP or any of the other nonsense thats been spouted.
What do you suggest the club do? round up the journalists and dump them on an island somewhere or perhaps start a ton of twitter bot accounts to drown out the scousers?

Cheer up mate, we are in the best possible hands and I am looking forward to City wiping the floor with UEFA and putting an end to the cabal once and for all.
I would take a break from social media channels for the summer and come back refreshed for the new season.

This. Tebas mouthed off about us a while back and City allegedly threatened to take him in court. Now he's doing it again. He's clearly not worried as, to be fair, on that front we're pretty toothless.
We have bigger issues then a rent a quote two bob exec from Spain. He is desperate for us to come after him so he can twist it and hide behind UEFA whilst dragging it out in court.

If you don't think Khaldoon knows what hes doing then I suggest you do a bit of research on the man.

We have bigger issues then a rent a quote two bob exec from Spain. He is desperate for us to come after him so he can twist it and hide behind UEFA whilst dragging it out in court.

If you don't think Khaldoon knows what hes doing then I suggest you do a bit of research on the man.

That rent a quote two bob exec is probably going to replace Richard Scudamore as the head of the Premier League.

We do indeed have bigger issues that's why we're being put through all this in the first place. And if we're honest Khaldoon has been at the helm so IF we have been economical with the truth then we'll be punished and deservedly so and he has to take responsibility for that. However I for one am an innocent until found guilty kind of guy so am firmly behind the big man and have no reason not to have trust. Our success is not just confined to the pitch so yes they know what they're doing.

My fear and point comes from the fact that the noise from UEFA has not diminished in any way lately despite City coming out with a relatively strong statement in defence last week. UEFA aren't worried that's why Tebas can afford to be bolshy. Sadly he's not alone. It's bad enough we've already been found guilty by the majority in the court of public opinion never mind also being found guilty in a court of law should it come to pass. Whole charade is pissing me off big time.

I'm away back to watching highlights of us lifting silverware 4 times in 2018-9.

I disagree, if you believe we aren't going to sign players or lose out on sponsorships because of a bit of 'negative press' then that is a bit naive. Every business, country and person of power gets bad press, the world keeps turning..

I didn't say we weren't going to sign any players or lose out on all sponsorships did I? No.

All it takes is for the next Guardiola to be turned off the idea of being accused of taking under the table payments on the day he wins a treble, and that negative press has had a significant sporting impact. Or maybe Pep himself will get tired of it? He left Barca in large because he was having to constantly defend the club and act as it's spokesman, not just it's manager.

If UEFA do ban us from the Champions league over this, I can see Mansour going Lawyer "Nuclear". While we may not be able to get any FFP ruling over turned due to the nature of UEFA, Assuming we do have the back up to prove the claim's are false, the slander case against UEFA will be Insane.

This. Tebas mouthed off about us a while back and City allegedly threatened to take him in court. Now he's doing it again. He's clearly not worried as, to be fair, on that front we're pretty toothless.
You have to look at these events in sequence, and deal with them at the right time.

Firstly, individuals mouth off with potentially slanderous/libellous comments and City fire off a warning.
Then City defend and hopefully win their FFP case with UEFA which cover what said individuals have been accusing.
Finally City take these individuals to court, if they deem it worthwhile, with the weight of innocence behind them and they can add that they gave those individuals a chance to retract.

Think Tebas is being a little naive if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.