Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is very much a similar situation to De Gea to Madrid in 2014.

Bayern need to buy a world class winger in the next 3 months. The obvious choice is Sané, and they're probably the 1 club he'll move to because of his family, but if that move doesn't happen then they will buy someone else.

When that happens, just like how Madrid's need for a keeper went away when they bought Navas, leaving DDG no chance to get to Madrid to be with his girlfriend, Leroy will see his only suitor spend €€€ on someone else, and the gap in their squad won't be open next summer.

In the end De Gea just convinced his girlfriend to move over here and he's been there another 5 years.

Keep Leroy even if he wants to leave this summer, and there's a very good chance Bayern will be off the table and he'd actually rather stay here.

He can't sulk because he has to play to get in Germany's 2020 squad, and every week he doesn't sign, £140k gets away from him forever.

Sané will sign a new contract eventually. He is in the best demanding competition of the world. In one of the best teams, why would he go back to a farmers league, which Germany actually is. But if he don't signs a new contract, we should play it hard. City is always soft when it's about getting the money they want, on selling players. Sané is worth more than 100 million. If anyone wants him, they have to pay that, our otherwise piss off. We should stop selling our players below the value they are.

For a bunch of farmers, the Germans do rather well at football.

Are they indeed. He's under contract.
He is but I don’t doubt they are interested and I think if Sane doesn’t agree a new deal in the next week or so we would listen to offers. Whether we would accept what Bayern off I don’t know but there would be other teams interested. I can’t see us letting his contract situation dragging into next season.

I think he’s gone unfortunately and ultimately it will be the best for all parties.

Would love him to stay but his contract negotiations have dragged on for a long time now (as Pep alluded to last week) and it’s too risky to lose out on a potential £100m+ this summer to reinvest in the squad on players who will be committed in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.