Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really work like that,you go for who you want not who a rival let's you have,not sure pep still has a great relationship with them

Sadly I'm not a football dealmaker, but I do believe there is a lot of wheeler dealing beyond the actual transfers. For evidence look at Bayern and Real Madrid. They do each other a lot of "favours". Kroos, Xabi Alonso and James are good examples.

It's not only about getting a specific player at any cost nor is it about squeezing every last penny out of a sale. These clubs need to have a good relationship. They need each other and know they will do business with one another in future.

I doubt pep or anybody at city has a good relationship with these scumbags any longer after all the slanderous remarks they have made about city

I’m sure Guardiola still has a very amicable relationship with the top brass at Bayern. I highly doubt that would extend to him doing them a favour when it comes to a transfer.

Sadly I'm not a football dealmaker, but I do believe there is a lot of wheeler dealing beyond the actual transfers. For evidence look at Bayern and Real Madrid. They do each other a lot of "favours". Kroos, Xabi Alonso and James are good examples.

It's not only about getting a specific player at any cost nor is it about squeezing every last penny out of a sale. These clubs need to have a good relationship. They need each other and know they will do business with one another in future.
Do Bayern attack Madrid? they have called us every which way in public and hate us for taking pep off them,i know business deals can be murky but why would we trust them enough to do business with them?

I doubt pep or anybody at city has a good relationship with these scumbags any longer after all the slanderous remarks they have made about city
I have no idea about City as a whole. You lot know better than me, but Pep as an individual is certainly still friendly with Bayern.

I would also guess that City as a club have at least a cordial business relationship with Bayern.

I have no idea about City as a whole. You lot know better than me, but Pep as an individual is certainly still friendly with Bayern.

I would also guess that City as a club have at least a cordial business relationship with Bayern.
Seem to remember reports of Pep meeting with them for dinner at Oktoberfest last year during the international break , think he has a cery good relationship with them.

In terms of raw pace, directness and finishing Leroy is different to everyone else at the club. If he leaves we will need to find someone to replace that. I don’t know if there any suitable candidates out there. Felix might be touted be appears to be a completely different type of player.

Do Bayern attack Madrid? they have called us every which way in public and hate us for taking pep off them,i know business deals can be murky but why would we trust them enough to do business with them?

Hate? I doubt it. In fact if you ask the average Bayern fan what team they enjoy beating in Europe the most popular answer will be Real Madrid. Manchester City would rank low in that list.In 40-50 years that might be different.

On the business front it might be slightly different. If you've been dealing with a competitor for 40-50 years you're going to have a better understanding of each other than with a new entrant. That doesn't only apply to football.

Give it another 5 to 10 years and City will have a smoother relationship with the bigger European clubs than they do now. Look at Chelsea.

Seem to remember reports of Pep meeting with them for dinner at Oktoberfest last year during the international break , think he has a cery good relationship with them.
Bayern are good at that. Even managers who were sacked tend to stay on good terms with the club. Look how many managers have returned for second or even third spells (Lattek, Trappatoni, Hitzfeld, Heynckes ). It's a nice club in that way.

Hate? I doubt it. In fact if you ask the average Bayern fan what team they enjoy beating in Europe the most popular answer will be Real Madrid. Manchester City would rank low in that list.In 40-50 years that might be different.

On the business front it might be slightly different. If you've been dealing with a competitor for 40-50 years you're going to have a better understanding of each other than with a new entrant. That doesn't only apply to football.

Give it another 5 to 10 years and City will have a smoother relationship with the bigger European clubs than they do now. Look at Chelsea.
I don't mean their fans but the senior men at the club,they think we are corrupt and they let everyone know it,why would we co-operate with them over transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.