Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrogance of the German Rags is beyond belief , Hoeness the twat has stated that they have broken their transfer record this year at £72m and will not be doing it again this summer and then in his next sentence say s they want to sign Sane , the fact that Hoeness has slagged our club on many occasions will absolutely mean that the German Rags will have to pay top dollar . Sane has two years on his contract we hold all the aces , Hoeness needs to realise we are not a Bundeslliga club who are prepared to bend over and let them buy players for buttons, we have more money than Bayern and we are a club in ascendency , if Hoeness doesnt meet our valuation of at least £80-90m , he can f*ck off.
Is the correct answer jgb.

Well I will take you to school now.

Leroy is one of the lowest-paid players in the entire squad on £60k a week.

For context, that useless Tuetonic tool Mesut Ozil earns £315k a week.

Simple maths. Crystal Palace pay Wilfried Zaha more than Sane, and are asking £80m this summer.

That will be the Wilfried Zaha who flopped at United, doesn't play for one of the best countries in world football and doesn't have two Premier League titles in his back pocket at the age of 24.

Oh, and wasn't named PFA young player of the year 12 months ago in the most competitive league in the world.

City are well within their rights to value Leroy at over £100m, simply because his next salary will be that commensurate with his standing and young age.

60 grand a week, the tight bastards, I no wonder he wants to fuck off

Yes, PSG or some Chinese club would pay more. He isn't going to want to go there instead of Bayern.

Weird attitude you have. I don't like Schalke, but that's his club. You will have seen in the CL how good their fans are. What happened when he scored against them? They applauded him. They didn't cry that they only got 25 million for him. That's at a club who are always short of cash.

Yet you are begrudging him a possible move to Bayern Munich even though 1) he served you well 2) you would be making a 200% profit 3) your club is fortunate in having a lot of cash.

Sorry, but I don't get that. Have a look at Ajax fans and see what kind of fantastic farewell they give their young home grown players. That's what class is about .

Pep gets it. He is from that school.
Not a City fan but i don't see how you can criticise them for wanting to keep a quality player or hoping they would get the most money possible out of the transaction.
PSG has been linked with Pepe recently. I doubt he will go there but Lille is reportedly asking for 80 M€. There is nothing weird for people to think Sane has an higher profile and should be valuated accordingly.
Bayern has a lot of cash too. They are signing a record deal with Audi worth 1 billion or more over 12 years. Why can't they give more money to City and for the other players they are usually taking from Bundesliga ?
Why should City do any favour to a rich club, european rival and whose directors or CEO are always asking for a City ban/sanction ?

60 grand a week, the tight bastards, I no wonder he wants to fuck off

His choice. He could have earned double that at any time during the last year and a half by renewing.

His low salary strengthens our hand in any sale negotiation.

If he were on £200k a week, clubs would make sure their bid also factored that in.

It's no concern of ours, what ****s like Bayern might be willing to now pay Leroy.

£60k a week ensures no gilded cage, so we can demand top dollar.

Especially so, if we are willing to wait another year before a sale to test how much Bayern really do want him.

They need to replace Robben and Ribery this summer, not next.

Personally, I would not accept less than £100m.

Bayern are genuinely the most entitled club in Europe - they feel as though they have a right to every top German player of their choosing. I for one hope we drag this out to the point fellow suitors arrive and we can maximise his value because he is a 150m+ talent and I'd hate us to sell to that club.

Bayern are genuinely the most entitled club in Europe - they feel as though they have a right to every top German player of their choosing. I for one hope we drag this out to the point fellow suitors arrive and we can maximise his value because he is a 150m+ talent and I'd hate us to sell to that club.

All while claiming the moral high ground, too.

As mentioned, his low wage gives City a big advantage;

On only 60k a week City can say "Here is a contract where you will be paid 2.5x your current salary, 150k, if you refuse, then we can wait 2 years for your contract to end and you can go to another club... who will probably pay you around 150k, you will be losing 2 years worth of high wages over that and probably played little, when you can make high wages now and win trophies, the choice is obvious."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.