Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s some evidence some people, private individuals, may have helped fund them. That’s not Qatar as a state. It’s also exactly the same as the fact that there’s evidence some private individuals did the same in Saudi and the UAE.

The blockade had fuck all to do with ISIS as I’ve said and I’ve not needed a two minute google to come to that conclusion as I live in the region and have been reading about it near daily for two years.
I only googled to back up what I thought was my understanding of the situation. I take your point that you experience it daily but even living there doesn’t necessarily mean you know exactly what’s going on. I could say I know Jeremy Corbyn is fucking Theresa May because I live in England and know it’s true. You will have a better understanding of the region, that’s for sure but I don’t think you can say hand on heart you know that Qatar as a State didn’t sponsor ISIS. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Btw, Don’t know how you cope in the climate out there, I've been in March when the Dubai Cup was on and it was too hot, spent most of the holiday indoors. Went on the beach in Dubai for about 5 dirhams and lasted 5 minutes, couldn't even get a beer, settled for a vimto.

And how fragile their reputations and careers are (really just based on clickbaiting and social media engagement), hence their responses on Twitter.

Real journalists, who are not entrenched in hypocrisy and wallowing in conflict of interest, wouldn’t feel the need to publicly engage with critics on social media in this way. These do because they’ve built a house of cards and Rabin threatens to knock it down with one swift swing.
Spot on. For instance, I never see Martin Samuel on twitter? Does he have an account?

Was just coming on to say that. Should be bookmarked so that anyone wants to take on any of his victims the ammo is to hand.

Is it Khaldoon on his lunch break? City have played very fairly with this hacks and let them get away with what would be acceptable when Fergie was in charge at the rags.

Meeting them on their own ground of twitter has had them running for the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.