Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obtuse to ignore the fact that Sheikh Mansour has doubled the value of his investment in City and made another £1bn from bailing out Barclays Bank. It is pretty obtuse not to realise that our club is now totally sustainable because of its fantastic business model that has brought economic success to one of the most impoverished areas of Manchester. Draper is just another one who objects to our owners because of their heritage.

Its was 2.5 billion he made of Barclays.

Its was 2.5 billion he made of Barclays.

I always thought the Barclays investment was made by the UAE sovereign wealth fund, not Sheikh Mansour personally.

Since we criticise the media for saying our club is funded by a nation state when it isn’t, we probably shouldn’t make the same mistake.

I always thought the Barclays investment was made by the UAE sovereign wealth fund, not Sheikh Mansour personally.

Since we criticise the media for saying our club is funded by a nation state when it isn’t, we probably shouldn’t make the same mistake.

Just posting what I read at the time.

Only pointing out what I read at the time.

An Abu Dhabi sheikh who helped Barclays avoid a government bailout at the height of the financial crisis has sold his stake in the bank, it has emerged.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan - the owner of Manchester City football club, who pumped £3.5 billion into Barclays as part of a wider capital-raising by the bank to shore up its balance sheet in 2008 - sold his 7 per cent stake last month.

Wanker on Sky (Sun vs Charlton) just said City used to warm up in the local park before games in Div 3 because the fans would boo them. Bullshit. That whole mini bus thing was a superstition. City fans were brilliant that year. Fucking Sky.

think you need to watch the documentary on sky mate re the 99 season dickov and weaver confirm they did this, it was a local school gym not a park, it was willie donachie's idea to do this.
i don't remember booing the players during any warm up though. think it was more to clear players minds in a neutral enviroment

think you need to watch the documentary on sky mate re the 99 season dickov and weaver confirm they did this, it was willie donachie's idea to do this
i don't remember booing the players during any warm up though. think it was more to clear players minds in a neutral enviroment

I’m not disputing we warmed up elsewhere - we did - we all cheered them off in the white mini bus - it was the motivation for doing som- it was superstition and defiantly not the fans booing the players as that prick tried to make out yesterday.

I’m not disputing we warmed up elsewhere - we did - we all cheered them off in the white mini bus - it was the motivation for doing som- it was superstition and defiantly not the fans booing the players as that prick tried to make out yesterday.

I thought they idea was floated by some sports psychologist at the time with a theory that seeing the ground full for the first time rather than filling up when down the warm up raised performance levels. Royle implanted the idea and it kinda worked with back to back promotions.

agreed, hence my no booing reply, mind you some of those results at home before xmas that season after games no doubt would of resulted in booing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.