Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

I’m glad he never mentioned the media. They’re worthless, no point stooping to the gutter to join their level of scum.

The Moores family owned Liverpool at that time and after years struggling in the old 2nd division (which included a 9-1 walloping by Birmingham and losing to Worcester City in the FA Cup) hey presto! The club suddenly go on a mad spending spree to facilitate promotion and then to start winning trophies after decades of nothing. They didn't fund all that out of sales of pies and Bovril.
I know, but where did it come from ? Mystery.

Yes, I had read that, but it says nothing about Moores / Littlewoods funding the club.

I know when John Scales joined Liverpool from Wimbledon I think - Moores personally paid the transfer fee. I think they signed another player that week - can’t recall whom but again Moore’s paid the fee personally. Is that in the spirit of FFP?

Moore’s definitely injected 9m into Liverpool as per companies house in the early 90s, this was about 50% of their annual turnover at the time, roughly the equivalent of mansour giving us an extra £250m in today’s money.
Yes, I remember a press piece and the amount you quote rings a bell. But can I find it.......

The multi millionaire Moores family owned Liverpool at that time and the club suddenly started chucking money around like a drunken sailor on a Saturday night. I fail to see where the mystery is.
Yes, we can draw conclusions, but I want a ref to beat scousers with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.