It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Have to admit, didn't expect City to start throwing huge money around just after Khaldoon has called other clubs out for poor monetary policy.

" We didn't sign the most expensive goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or striker."

Just a gut instinct, but got a feeling this will be quite a frustrating summer. Again. Not sure why, but just feels like a perfect storm of us needing players to replace ageing senior ones, us not wanting to be ripped off and us being conscious about how much we spend with UEFA/FFP bollocks breathing down our necks. This isn't flapping, just genuinely how i've felt for a while. I *really* hope I'm wrong though!

Tolmie anyone that we havnt been linked with that might be a option out of the blue. Knowing that we will be looking for daft money for Maguire and De Ligt more so looking like he would want to go to Barca with his mate De Jong. In the centre back role that and replacing Fernadhino seems to be the hardest positions to fill.

Just a gut instinct, but got a feeling this will be quite a frustrating summer. Again. Not sure why, but just feels like a perfect storm of us needing players to replace ageing senior ones, us not wanting to be ripped off and us being conscious about how much we spend with UEFA/FFP bollocks breathing down our necks. This isn't flapping, just genuinely how i've felt for a while. I *really* hope I'm wrong though!

Agree we are run properly have a budget and will walk away from any overpriced player! Personally just a centre back and a replacement for Fernandinho is essential.

If we just get Rodri or an alternative, that would probably be enough. Not saying we would be perfect at CB, with Vinnie and Nico going, but we would have cover.

I too find it extremely frustrating that we've seemingly decided to no longer try and buy the best players. When you look at how much credit we get from the media and rival supporters for our fiscal responsibility though you can totally understand it.

There will be a lot of disappointed people if they think we have any intention of paying even three quarters of what Benfica are demanding for Felix.

£70m tops is our view and, even then, we see better value elsewhere if Leroy forces a move.

I did say Maguire was an option a few weeks back but we would rather pay the De Ligt price than meet Leicester's valuation.

Bayern are also touting Kingsley Coman, as they know Pep has plenty of time for him, but we are only thinking of Leroy getting his head straight and staying.

Shame that, thought we were finally going to see the talent of the year play at City. Fully expect him to progress like Mbappe and it'll feel like another missed opportunity in a years time.

Was expecting more movement to be honest after all the usual 'City have already finalised their first signing' bollocks that was touted on here in the past couple of months.

I too find it extremely frustrating that we've seemingly decided to no longer try and buy the best players. When you look at how much credit we get from the media and rival supporters for our fiscal responsibility though you can totally understand it.

Might be because we cant afford it?

Is your glass half full or half empty? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.