Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

I think until the ST prices reach those of our peer group, they will keep rising.

I noticed mine is £655 in SS3 with the lowest one in the Kop being £685 and a similar one to mine at the rags being £703.

Is that platinum mate? How far from the front in SS3 are you?

We're SS2, 4 rows from front and its £725 this season to go platinum. Just wondering how big a difference in price it is up in SS3.

There’s absolutely no way a 3% rise ‘tips anyone over the edge’ mate.

Even if a SC was a grand, that’d still only be £30 over a year and £3 per month over 10 DDs.

If there’s a single person out there where £3 a month would cause them an issue, they’ve got much, much bigger problems than going to the match.
It really does mate, honestly!

For years many will have been paying between £450-550 and they had a headline budget of £650. But it went above that about five years ago and over the last few years they’ve had to give up other things to allow them to afford the £795 it went up to last season. They’ve stopped going to away games, dropped Platinum, come out of the Cup Schemes. Some have given up going to gigs or meals with their other half too, no more gym membership and have ditched Sky. But now at £820 they just can’t justify it anymore.

This is where people get priced out. It’s not the individual £25 increase, or £3 a month. It’s the accumulation of £400+ increases over a eight years. Where they could justify it in the past, there’s no room in people’s budgets.

Some will have moved to cheaper seats but for others there aren’t many of them left as there is a queue now.

It’s alright for those of us who can afford it, I’m a single bloke with no kids, but for those in a different situation there’s just no justification.

Last edited by a moderator:
£25 increase for me so dropping platinum so club is going to be £25 worse off, but I'm sure they can survive losing £2.50 over 10 DD's or £1.30 a match.

It really does mate, honestly!

For years many will have been paying between £450-550 and they had a headline budget of £650. But it went above that about five years ago and over the last few years they’ve had to give up other things to allow them to afford the £795 it went up to last season, they’ve stopped going to away games, dropped Platinum, come out of the Cup Schemes but now at £820 they just can’t justify it anymore.

This is where people get priced out. It’s not the individual £25 increase, it’s the accumulation of £400+ increases over a eight years.

It also becomes a matter of principal. How many things can one give up? How many sacrifices should one make in order to go to football?

I suppose that's down to the individual but many that are like minded are surely close to at least asking themselves those questions.

£25 increase for me so dropping platinum so club is going to be £25 worse off, but I'm sure they can survive losing £2.50 over 10 DD's or £1.30 a match.

How much does dropping platinum affect your usual support for city over the years?

I ask because it sounds perfect but for some platinum is needed as an essential part of their match going habits are the away games.

I think until the ST prices reach those of our peer group, they will keep rising.

I noticed mine is £655 in SS3 with the lowest one in the Kop being £685 and a similar one to mine at the rags being £703.
They’ll reach that and then want more, without realising we don’t have the same kind of fanbase as United and Liverpool or the London clubs.

There are a few posters on here who are now trying to dominate the debate. They are irked and may or may not have good reason. However repeating the same argument in different ways and taking issue with alternative views is not taking matters any further forward. Can we have a limit please on the number of times one person can say more or less the same thing but in different ways ?

It also becomes a matter of principal. How many things can one give up? How many sacrifices should one make in order to go to football?

I suppose that's down to the individual but many that are like minded are surely close to at least asking themselves those questions.
I’ve recently come out in a relationship because City take up too much of my time and money, leaving me with little else spare. It’s not the first time that’s happened to me.

Has anyone suggested cutting back on cigs/booze yet?

Plenty of alright jacks have. Apparently In order to buy a season ticket you have to give up drinking, smoking, going out, family meals, basically anything fun or things you do out of work.

Then it’s alright and you can afford a season ticket. It’s so simple.just give up everything other then football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.