Property Advice

It would make sense as I work there and love the “thought” of it but I don’t think it’s a good investment / it’s a bit volatile If I ever have to sell quickly or need my money out. Kudos on a sensible answer also ;)

Would sell it in a week. Don’t get a buy to let. I have had tonnes and is a hassle and had its day. Avoid capital gains tax and get the bigggest and best property you can own. The property inside the ring road will be worth a fortune in ten years.

Would sell it in a week. Don’t get a buy to let. I have had tonnes and is a hassle and had its day. Avoid capital gains tax and get the bigggest and best property you can own. The property inside the ring road will be worth a fortune in ten years.

In the city centre? Really? Even at that level? Also are my chances of living near partying chavs high in these apartment?

Interesting what you said about the ring road. Places that were awful 10-20 years ago are suddenly becoming fashionable and full of young profs and as the city spreads out areas like beswick / ancoats / hulme will become very attractive in the same way Brixton / nottinghill have in London.

In the city centre? Really? Even at that level? Also are my chances of living near partying chavs high in these apartment?

Interesting what you said about the ring road. Places that were awful 10-20 years ago are suddenly becoming fashionable and full of young profs and as the city spreads out areas like beswick / ancoats / hulme will become very attractive in the same way Brixton / nottinghill have in London.

I built the ice plant in ancoats which is the building wth second city bar in it - mad that I used to have to pay tramps not to sleep there ten years ago! City had there end of season party there last week! What a change. The development I am working on is absolutely stunning at the other end of Deansgate. An amazing place to live.

Hi Gang.

I’ve got (approx) 200k in my current property and have been told I can borrow another up to 330k. Ideally I don’t want to stretch myself so I’m looking at a mortgage of about 280k. This leaves me with about 480k.

This is clearly a lot of money and having never had this much I want to make sure I make the right choice. Should I.....

A) pay off the remaining 20k of my mortgage and let this and have another 800 quid a month rent coming in and move to another house with a mortgage?

B) sell my house- take the money and put it into a really nicer house in a nicer area.(altrincham / sale / Didsbury)

C) Sell my current house take the mortgage and buy off plan or a number cheaper flats / BTL properties? If anyone could tell me the tax implications / law regarding how these work that would be great.

D) Any other ideas on how to make my money work for me? **

**This is not open season for the forums comedians and men trapped in a horny teenagers mind to post things like “stick it up your nose” “go to Bangcock” etc etc cos I’m not interested.

Thanks.

Come to terms with your awful right wing ways and try and do something good... You could donate the money you have to helping refugees, for example?

My sis has just bought a place in whalley range for 550k that students wouldn't live in 20 years ago because there were too many crack heads in there. I think you may be right. However it's worth listening to ww as he is clearly 'considerably richer than yow.'

Come to terms with your awful right wing ways and try and do something good... You could donate the money you have to helping refugees, for example?

Not my bag I’m afraid, plenty of folk in need here I’d prefer to help first. You’re right on doing charitable stuff though, I have done some work with help for hero’s in the past and I found it very rewarding. Also, as I suffer with cystic fibrosis I raised a considerable amount of money for them by running the marathon this year which felt great.

My sis has just bought a place in whalley range for 550k that students wouldn't live in 20 years ago because there were too many crack heads in there. I think you may be right. However it's worth listening to ww as he is clearly 'considerably richer than yow.'

You only have to look at how the city is spreading, castlefield / Owen street towers are going to make the quays an extension of the city and to the north and east the same is happening. Ancoats is very much “city centre” now where as 15-20 years ago it wasn’t.

Not my bag I’m afraid, plenty of folk in need here I’d prefer to help first. You’re right on doing charitable stuff though, I have done some work with help for hero’s in the past and I found it very rewarding. Also, as I suffer with cystic fibrosis I raised a considerable amount of money for them by running the marathon this year which felt great.

When you say here, I take it you don't mean geographically? I mean the refugees could be down in Devon whereas the heroes could be out in Iraq?

I have given fucking millions to lesbian ex wives charities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.