City's New Kits - 2019/20

That’s laser blue pal and nothing like the blue we’ve worn for most of our history.
That’s laser blue pal and nothing like the blue we’ve worn for most of our recent history.

vtg-97-99-kappa-retro-manchester-city_360_0e88b3546e6f150eb1164b284a8da584.jpg

manchester-city-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

Yeah I know that, and at the time cannot remember anyone moaning about the shade of blue because the kit looked cool.

Was still light blue, and more carolina than laser tbf, but still in the light blue palette unlike the 3 that came after which were azure/royal blue

When we wore the red and black striped away kit in 1969 a large selection of the City following hated it because we had broke tradition by not wearing maroon while instead wearing colours which had nothing to do with the club.

In the same era we broke tradition by wearing maroon on the home kit for the first time.

We’ve also broken original traditions by changing the socks from navy to blue or white.

Then we have some fans who don’t like a bit of purple championing a Kappa home shirt which isn’t even City blue.

Truth is new traditions are created all the time throughout history. There’s not a freeze on life and things will always evolve.

If we win the CL then in 10-20 years there will be a generation of fans asking for a bit of purple on the anniversary home shirt. Hell, we’ve even had an away kit based on a Play Off shirt that a lot of people love now but thought was too untraditional at the time.

I think that’s where I stand. I don’t mind a bit of evolution where a bit of trim is coloured differently in a one off year because we’ve also got a very traditional anniversary home shirt on sale. The time I’d be a bit more concerned is if we had purple sleeves, mixed with blue shorts etc.

Yeah but it’s fucking purple!

I’d like to know where all this nonsense about the Hac has appeared from (probably somebody who spent one too many nights in there!)
I’d imagine, any Yellow & Black is inspired by the Manchester worker Bee, which has been around since the industrial revolution.
Hacienda ffs!
yeh actually that would make more sense. However if it is Chevrons on the shoulder it must be hacienda based. They've also used chevrons in the promotional material and teaser stuff.

Right. Don't shoot the messenger but I've gone off from what that guy on the facebook group has said about the kits. Shorts and socks for away kit I'm not sure about so have improvised. It's erm, certainly interesting.

I've taken the third kit swatches off of footyheadlines and have just tried to help make the sponsor stand out. These could all be wrong obviously but as I said. Don't shoot the messenger!

debv2t.jpg

Right. Don't shoot the messenger but I've gone off from what that guy on the facebook group has said about the kits. Shorts and socks for away kit I'm not sure about so have improvised. It's erm, certainly interesting.

I've taken the third kit swatches off of footyheadlines and have just tried to help make the sponsor stand out. These could all be wrong obviously but as I said. Don't shoot the messenger!

debv2t.jpg

Looks alright there

debv2t.jpg
Looks like we're slowly morphing into Barcelona.

debv2t.jpg

1st Like strangely

2nd Like

3rd Don’t like

125 Like

Yellow third kits have a bad history for us.

Arsenal away I am thinking

And the play off kit wasn't yellow it was blue and flourecent tbf.

debv2t.jpg
Afaik the home socks are white, with purple trim, the 2nd has only got the yellow stripes on one shoulder (right?) and the sleeve trims/cuffs are different colours (Pink/Yellow?)...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.