Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest champions league ever apparently. That's according to the BBC, so it must be.
At the pub, during and after the match, quite literally everyone agreed that was one of the worst CL finals in living memory.

But we all knew they would revise history to make it out as a classic if Liverpool won it, so no surprises with the current coverage across media outlets.

It's all a bit giddy....beating Spurs and losing 4 out of 13 in any tournament does not make you the best in Europe.....

They know it,their marketing department know it and their fans know it.....

Even they are rebranding it " European royalty" back in my youth they sold it as kings of Europe.

Liverpool failed to beat city this season and Spurs lose 1/3 of all their matches this season........

UEFA should feel embarrassed this morning........it should be either a league where everyone plays home and away or straight knock out AND for only champions.........Spurs REALLY !
Yep, they'd both lost 4 out of 12 games to get to the final which made it a bit of a joke anyway. Liverpool have 'only ' won 4 European trophy's marking them as Champions of Europe as it should be Champions only. I think I'll wind a few of the more annoying ones up on Twitter with that.

Yet it's not shown on free to air television in lots of countries, Germany being one
It will lose its glamour if the masses can't watch it
Pretty sure the FA Cup Final with upto 500 million watching it dwarfes the viewing figures for the Chumps League which is 3 to 400 million although i imagine they will say there were 16 billion watching last nights (everyone in the world watched it simultaneously on 2 x TVs each to boost the figures)

There are currently 8 articles about Liverpool's win on the BBC website. I wonder if they and Talksport will cover the parade live on location as neither bothered with ours.

The bias and favouritism that they and United get in this country from the media is all encompassing
What win?
Did I miss something.

Saw something pop up on City page on Newsnow where Eurosport appear to be calling Liverpool's season more special than City's. I expect that there will be more of that but I shall try and avoid as much media as possible. We shouldn't get worked up about it: we know the media play to the biggest galleries. We can content ourselves with the firm knowledge that we are currently a better team than any that play in red and, if we keep going as we are, our support will grow.

Those of us that have been around for awhile also know that we can take success or failure in our stride.

As I told my lad this morning (as he was contemplating the glee that one of his Liverpool supporting mates was going to display when they spoke), they have now won as many major trophies in the last 10 years as we have in the last month. So, objectively, it is a bigger story that they have actually won something. Look at it as a bizarre (and probably entirely unintended) complement to City - us winning is now the norm, not the exception.

Anyway, I shall be focussing the cricket now until this dies down. Another advantage of the Nations League starting next weekend is that the media will be forced to write about something else for a change.

Pretty sure the FA Cup Final with upto 500 million watching it dwarfes the viewing figures for the Chumps League which is 3 to 400 million although i imagine they will say there were 16 billion watching last nights (everyone in the world watched it simultaneously on 2 x TVs each to boost the figures)
Was gutted last night got home put the telly on for the football, and guess what? no world cup u20`s on, gutted there has been some fabulous games , some good players I believe a lot of pubs put the CL game on while waiting for the boxing

They also had that many, or more, articles on City after we did the treble. In fact it was around 8/10 of the first listed articles were on City. Be interesting to see how Sky cover Liverpool given they ignored us.

Wonder who the Times will lead on tomorrow.

When we won the league they led on Liverpool. By that logic it will be Spurs, but I just wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.