Bluemoon Angling Thread

Good luck mate. The first week or two are often tough, not least because the fish haven't been feeding on bait. I've been for a few short predator trips but not had much of interest beyond jack pike and smallish perch.

Gearing up for the rivers myself and going to be hitting The Trent and Ribble over the first few weeks. I'm having a week on The Wye myself in September again. We did really well last year and I'm looking forward to it.

Good job you are coarse fishing the Wye mate.
The salmon fishing is bloody awful!
Give me a shout if you are Hereford way.

Brilliant. The fish will come. You quiver-tipping/legering ? What bait were you using ? Sounds like it needs some feed going in regularly but not too much.

Thats what i was hoping....it doesnt get fished often as its private....so i was thinking of regularly feeding it, even if im down there and not fishing.

I had fairly standard silverfish ground bait....and using maggots. Ive been using those polaris floats with a feeder.....ive never really taken to quiver/legering....i like to see a float. Ive read good reviews, and they are really easy to use.

Thats what i was hoping....it doesnt get fished often as its private....so i was thinking of regularly feeding it, even if im down there and not fishing.

I had fairly standard silverfish ground bait....and using maggots. Ive been using those polaris floats with a feeder.....ive never really taken to quiver/legering....i like to see a float. Ive read good reviews, and they are really easy to use.

That's exactly the right approach. Lough Erne is huge so they aren't going to be there immediately. As we always say; "feed them and they will come". Little particles like hemp or groats are always a winner because they keep passing fish in the area hunting around for little morsels.

Polaris are really good for deep water and there's nothing like the sight of one lifting up when a fish takes it. Presumably you've got a really strong match rod and a small feeder.

Quiver-tipping is an entertaining art form in itself so don't write it off. It gets so that you can often tell what sort of fish is biting.

Either way, keep updating us how you are doing.

That's exactly the right approach. Lough Erne is huge so they aren't going to be there immediately. As we always say; "feed them and they will come". Little particles like hemp or groats are always a winner because they keep passing fish in the area hunting around for little morsels.

Polaris are really good for deep water and there's nothing like the sight of one lifting up when a fish takes it. Presumably you've got a really strong match rod and a small feeder.

Quiver-tipping is an entertaining art form in itself so don't write it off. It gets so that you can often tell what sort of fish is biting.

Either way, keep updating us how you are doing.

yeah i had been reading about using hemp ground bait....will give it a go, and start feeding that area :-)....and yes re. the rod and feeder

Cheers mate, i may have you tortured for advice :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.