UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how would they do that?
It’s not as if they could manipulate VAR!
Say a player scored a goal off their arm then it would be ruled out using VAR, so there’s no way they could stop us!

:-p

Very true.... I take it back... And with every single angle available to the ref to review he cannot fail to come up with the right decision

Is it just me that thinks this is just more media bollox. We know from past cases that CAS will review both the process and the punishment, so there's no need to go for 'two bites at the cherry'. It also seems a bit hypocritical to accuse them of not following due process then preempt it ourselves? What are we taking to CAS anyway, if no decision has been published or punishment handed out?
Just you.

I think with everything that's happened, the trial by media, the press leaks, the investigation being rushed. Them them not bothering to look at what City sent over which City assert proves factually, they have not broken FFP rules. The whole thing looks as though UEFA and their "independent" investigators only set out with the intention of finding a case to find us guilty while ignoring evidence which suggests the opposite.

City have smartly come to conclusion there will only be one outcome, it's a matter of when and the longer UEFA delay, the less time City have to counter it so they can ruin our transfer window.

The inevitable UEFA guilty verdict would be damaging to the club even if it would be later overturned by the CAS. Mug sticks and a hell of a lot of smearing would go on between the verdict and the CAS review. It would also put potential signings off joining the club if they felt we were under a potential CL ban. We’re aiming to cut this off before the mud can even be slung.

Your 10 posts since joining have been pitiful and generally full of bollocks.
Who do you support?

I support Manchester City thank you very much. I'm a long time lurker, but the only stuff I'm interested is in stuff like this. I'm a referee in Dublin, so i generally look at things from a different perspective. I would read a lot of other teams forums for what they make of FFP, VAR and the likes. I find it genuinely intriguing, to be honest the nonsense about players, managers, dippers, rags doesn't interest me, I've seen enough players come and go over the year's that I can take it in my stride. You won't find me posting in a Leroy Sane thread for example because I don't give a bollox, if he stays great, if he's goes then life goes on.

I only joined to compliment City Rabin on his excellent work but also to speak out about the embarrassing childish (probably racist) puns about curry and nan bread. With every journalist with any interest in this watching I thought it looked particularly bad.

The inevitable UEFA guilty verdict would be damaging to the club even if it would be later be overturned by the CAS. Mug sticks and a hell of a lot of smearing would go on between the verdict and the CAS review. It would also put potential signings off joining the club if they felt we were under a potential CL ban. We’re aiming to cut this off before the mud can even be slung.
This post made me think of the phantom flan flinger of old London Town :-) look it up kids.

It's pretty obvious the poster was pointing out the priorities within football are all wrong, some would say corrupt.

May well be the case but he was also completely wrong, the shit Bolton, Bury and others get themselves into is at the door of the FA.

. It also seems a bit hypocritical to accuse them of not following due process then preempt it ourselves? What are we taking to CAS anyway, if no decision has been published or punishment handed out?

City have accused them of ignoring proof of our innocence. At that point following due process becomes moot.

They are trying to deprive UEFA of their day of glory - banning us, tarnishing the club even more, and getting pats on the back from the American owner gang.

Would you rather have charges dropped against you before trial, or go through a sham trial, get convicted, get paraded around to be publicly shamed, spend 6 months in prison and then get pronounced innocent on appeal?

It's a no brainer really, if they hear the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.