UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what has happened for City to trigger this now? May not be anything specific

Neutrals might just think that City knew that UEFA were about to sanction City, and have decided to pre-empt bad news and make it look like we are in control.

Almost certainly legal expedience. Our lawyers have obviously been looking closely at the case and see an opportunity to stop the process in its tracks on the basis that it’s unlikely UEFA completed a proper investigation- they clearly realised the 5 year rule was about to kick in so they panicked and threw it upstairs. UEFA are pretty useless so I can genuinely believe they will fuck up on something as basic as this.

If we were to win on a technicality, or procedural matter we'd cop it more than ever.

It would be nice not to get punished and for the powers that be that'll be the only consideration. But I want to win and win convincingly.

This is all simply a short step on the road to salary caps, a la ALL AMERICAN SPORTS, which is why the Glazers and FSG make so much profit they want to come here and take over the “biggest clubs in the Prem!”

The American sports system doesn’t have transfer fees, they do trades for players and draft picks, so the OWNERS aren’t fucking each other over all the time.

We are on the slippery slope with FFP, which stops any non-already established clubs from gatecrashing the party. UEFA knows that ANY club could get a wealthy owner, have him spend billions to create a multimillion dollar business, further dilute the share of “top dog” revenues with success, and help nudge out previous insider clubs. Look at Arsenal and their owners, United and theirs. No CL places next season, so revenues from UEFA competition drop, commercial revenues drop due to threshold payments for success, and fickle global fans start to look elsewhere for a winner to support. Next thing, debt payments taking greater share of revenues, profits shrinking and it only takes one or two mega-payments (TV and main sponsors) to go down and the “milk the cash cow” model if certain ownership groups starts to fall apart.

Result? PROTECT THE STATUS QUO AT ALL COSTS, regardless of the hypocrisy or protectionism/restraint of trade it entails.

For CFG, IMHO, this a matter of “if UEFA shows we lied or played fast and loose with numbers (as in non-accepted accounting principles), then our official books filed with business regulatory agencies might be called into question”...and that really IS a serious matter for them.

To me, this is why they fall back on this reasoning...our books are legal and regulated, so no case to answer.

If UEFA were to shit in that pool, all hell breaks loose!

The article is by Rob Harris

https://apnews.com/f82796098ff24e01b180a193c09a4d26

"The Premier League champions have asked the Court of Arbitration for Sport to throw out the case that has been passed by UEFA’s investigators to its judges, people with knowledge of the case told the AP. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the details of the ongoing investigation are confidential.

City is challenging UEFA’s right to send the Financial Fair Play case from the investigatory to adjudicatory chamber for a sanction to be imposed, the people said. The Abu Dhabi-owned club is claiming there is no case to answer, challenging the legitimacy and haste of the investigation.

City declined to comment when asked about taking the case to CAS but had previously said the referral to the judicial branch “ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City.”
So the leaks continue...

The whole world knows but the whole of the media are quite willing to go along with it in blind support.

One way or another this is going to get tasty. About time too. I for one am glad we are not going along with the view of appeasement to try and be part of the club that will never accept us.

I think it’s time to go for the jugular and start to inflict some collateral damage on those that think they are beyond reproach.
Absolutely,many of the people who have advocated taking any punishment that comes our way and just get on with things are the same people who said stop booing the anthem.
The view was it was pointless and we should move on and try to build
bridges, hopefully those that expressed that opinions realise now they were wrong.
If we ultimately are responsible for either a complete overhaul of the way Uefa operate or even the beginning of it's demise,it should go down as one of the clubs finest achievements.

A decision in 7-10 days is clearly Kangaroo Court territory.

Well to be fair they've already been doing whatever it is they do for 3 weeks.

1 month to decide whether to follow the recommendation of a 6 month investigation by UEFA.

The amount of time they take to do stuff isn't the issue. Everything else is.

Almost certainly legal expedience. Our lawyers have obviously been looking closely at the case and see an opportunity to stop the process in its tracks on the basis that it’s unlikely UEFA completed a proper investigation- they clearly realised the 5 year rule was about to kick in so they panicked and threw it upstairs. UEFA are pretty useless so I can genuinely believe they will fuck up on something as basic as this.
Thanks.

I am not so sure it is good news. Suggests that City feel the UC were going to sanction City. That was not a certainty before. It feels like it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.