Car clamped

Southern

6am an enforcement agent knocked on the door - I didn’t open. He has left a letter/notice saying car clamped because of £500+ owed for a road traffic offence. Letter says previous attempts made to contact us but we have not previously received anything

Don’t know what the offence is but apparently happened in a neighbouring borough

I need my car so would pay it in full as seems no choice if I need to use it today.

But where does that leave me if later wanting to appeal it?

6am an enforcement agent knocked on the door - I didn’t open. He has left a letter/notice saying car clamped because of £500+ owed for a road traffic offence. Letter says previous attempts made to contact us but we have not previously received anything

Don’t know what the offence is but apparently happened in a neighbouring borough

I need my car so would pay it in full as seems no choice if I need to use it today.

But where does that leave me if later wanting to appeal it?

Probably better in off topic.

Is the car on a driveway, or parked on main road?

Personally I'd cut the clamp off, but if you own up to it, it could be classed as criminal damage. But, ya kna, some good natured citizen might have cut it off for you.

If car is on driveway, then enforcement officer is trespassing.

Don’t pay the fine - you may never see the company again - it could be a scam and you won’t be able to get your money back. Go to a solicitor - get one with a free 30 min session. You may well need to contact the police. This sounds like an early morning scam, they will take your money and disappear. If there was a £500 road traffic offence this would be a court matter and you’d have been asked to appear. Tread carefully this does not sound legit.

Don’t pay the fine - you may never see the company again - it could be a scam and you won’t be able to get your money back. Go to a solicitor - get one with a free 30 min session. You may well need to contact the police. This sounds like an early morning scam, they will take your money and disappear. If there was a £500 road traffic offence this would be a court matter and you’d have been asked to appear. Tread carefully this does not sound legit.

Just about to say the same, sounds dodgy that you have heard nothing before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.