Best Boozers in Town

Shambles Spoons Lyodds and also the magnificent Waves off Piccadilly where you delve into an amazing subterranean world of cheap ale and good entertainment. Also Karaoke twice weekly. Once before the match we got 2 pints and two specials of the day which was chilly con carne for only £8 ... Once we allowed some some so called chums to take us on a tour of chav chop houses pre game in and around annes square they charged us £32 for 2 Shep Pies and 2 pints and i never said anything but have i have never forgiven any of them. Best not to be trendy as not only is it pretentious but can seriously disorientate a wallet.

So is the monkey, I was just averaging out as I normally spend about £3.80 a pint for my cask in most of them

Ta, I would say on a normal days session or match day all dayer, at least 8 would be visited.

There is more I have left out like knott bar, atlas, gasworks, sailburry, seven oaks, dutton etc but I haven't been in for an age.

Avoid the shakespear though, beers shite and it stinks

Printworks is not my cup of tea, and wouldn't drink there personally, but accomodates large groups
Is the Old Monkey Holts? I used to have a drink in a Holts Pub near North Moor Road in Longsight, the bitter was an acquired taste but I got used to it and it was very cheap.

Going from NQ back round to trinity way through town
Marble arch
Bar Fringe
Crown and kettle
Gullivers
Castle
Grey horse
Old monkey
City
Vine
Rain bar
Pevil on peak
Brittons protection
Rising sun
Chop house
Shambles
Black lion
The Kings
The Eagle

Not all suited for 20+ and typical pint of ale will be £3.80 !and £4+ for lager.

Manchester ain't a cheap drinking place anymore

Decent list. I'd add the gas lamp and corbieres to that list and say its pretty much complete for town.

Do they let 14 year olds in?

;-)

The landlord is a big knobhead rag and closed his bar for last years City parade hence the “recommendation”. I was in there a few years ago and he was screaming into a young lad’s face who was struggling to finish his pint at last orders and asked for a little more time. Bullying prick. Refuse to go in now for both these reasons.

On topic there’s loads of pubs you’ll get in and those on urban genie’s list bing most of them.

Going from NQ back round to trinity way through town
Marble arch
Bar Fringe
Crown and kettle
Gullivers
Castle
Grey horse
Old monkey
City
Vine
Rain bar
Pevil on peak
Brittons protection
Rising sun
Chop house
Shambles
Black lion
The Kings
The Eagle

Not all suited for 20+ and typical pint of ale will be £3.80 !and £4+ for lager.

Manchester ain't a cheap drinking place anymore
Some great boozers in there, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.