Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is all the scummy tabloids and journos love an undercover sting story , I.e, Dallaglio , Allardyce etc ....

Why not try and do an undercover one that gets UEFA to admit that FFP was put in place just to stop City!

That’s got to be a bigger exclusive than city getting banned !

Oh yeah I forgot it’s City!

English papers waging war against an English team !

Daily Mirror.

Replica football shirts costing £107 made by sweatshop workers 'on 75p an hour'

EXCLUSIVE: Workers in Thailand making Manchester City shirts will be paid just £7.53 for a 10-hour day but the jerseys cos nearly £103

Followers of treble winners Manchester City will stump up the huge sum for their special edition shirt – while Chelsea fans will pay £102.90 for a top to mark their victory in Europe. But the Nike shirts cost just an estimated £3 to produce.
Would be informative if they compared it to ALL premier league club and the average wage in Thailand.

England FLOP John Stones, the scummy Sun wankers. Wouldn't dare print that word if he played for scum or Liverpool.
John Stones has replaced Raheem as the new media scapegoat. The tabloids will hunt him down now. Expect to see stories about his private life. City fans need to stick together and support him like we did with Raheem. Let's hope the club is more proactive this time and don't leave Stones on his own to fight it all. On the plus side it will do a lot to cement team morale. We wouldn't have won the title last year without the siege mentality.

Peps office..
2hfm15i.jpg

Nowt wrong with that, we all have to pay the bills and Mansour is just making sure everything is budgeted for

Would be informative if they compared it to ALL premier league club and the average wage in Thailand.

it actually makes my heart bleed to think of the shitty conditions and poor pay these people encounter. i wear football tops and other items made in these places, so im not going to come across holier than thou, but why isnt there more of a deal made of these companies (and business in general) exploitation techniques. not only of the workers but of the purchasers as well. everyone is getting royally screwed by these companies (and ultimately the shareholders) to make more money than they know what to do with.

there is a much bigger socio-economic story to be crusaded here, on behalf of pretty much everyone on the planet, barring the greedy 1%, but it is just swept under the cheaply made far eastern carpet!!

John Stones has replaced Raheem as the new media scapegoat. The tabloids will hunt him down now. Expect to see stories about his private life. City fans need to stick together and support him like we did with Raheem. Let's hope the club is more proactive this time and don't leave Stones on his own to fight it all. On the plus side it will do a lot to cement team morale. We wouldn't have won the title last year without the siege mentality.

Just keep re-running the goal-line clearance from the Liverpool game. Over and over and over.

it actually makes my heart bleed to think of the shitty conditions and poor pay these people encounter. i wear football tops and other items made in these places, so im not going to come across holier than thou, but why isnt there more of a deal made of these companies (and business in general) exploitation techniques. not only of the workers but of the purchasers as well. everyone is getting royally screwed by these companies (and ultimately the shareholders) to make more money than they know what to do with.

there is a much bigger socio-economic story to be crusaded here, on behalf of pretty much everyone on the planet, barring the greedy 1%, but it is just swept under the cheaply made far eastern carpet!!

I have a vague memory that one of the TV channels did an expose on this very subject (think it was in the 90’s) and they named and shamed utd on it. Suffice to say, it got thrown away with yesterday’s chip paper.

I think the story is resurrecting and the link being made to us as it feeds in with the human rights abuses narrative that is being pedalled by the media hacks.

If they really want to be serious on this subject then they should go for it but they need to ensure they cover ALL clubs that exploit in this way - which will no doubt include the vast majority of the PL teams and those in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.