Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a back three. The Fullbacks interchange on who gets forward or rotate Into the middle.

That in no way is a back three. Even from heat maps, Walker is often no more defensive or centralized than Zinchencko. He just isn't as good at possession football and thus doesn't contribute as many touches.
Sorry just wanted to add, can you link me to those heat maps for Zinchenko and Walker for the season? I am very curious now because my eyes may be deceiving me.

Sorry just wanted to add, can you link me to those heat maps for Zinchenko and Walker for the season? I am very curious now because my eyes may be deceiving me.
You can check their heat maps for each game on whoscored.com

Go to results
Click on the natch
Then do to heatmap (5th tab)
Then toggle to remove every player except for Walker and Zee

Your eyes aren't deceiving you. We do play a fair amount during games with an unofficial back 3. We set up as a 4 but once play starts Walker has more of a covering job & often deals with the pacey attackers wheras Zinchenko has more of a midfield/ attacking job.

It depends on the opposition & the danger level. When the cbs fuck up, it isn't usually Zinchenko who has to step in there & if it is, we are usually in danger.

Wouldn't want to see Walker as the 'official' last man though, for reasons mentioned. Better if we have cover for the 'coverer' imo.

Be buzzing if he signs, very good player and if its a 20m/25m net cost after selling Danilo then its great business. I like Danilo but Pep is paid to make the decisions and he overlooked him even when Walker was all over the place.

The idea of Walker at CB is a bit crazy to me, he is our defender with the most lapses in decision making. Why would anyone want to put him where those lapses could be most fatal blows my mind.

Completely agree. I am not saying i don't like Walker, but he definitely is more prone to brain fart, lapses of concentration moments than most of our other defenders. His pace and athleticism gets him out of trouble, but lets not kid ourselves here, he isn't the best footballer technically and i do feel as if we could look at bringing in another full back to provide healthy competition for him, especially if Danilo leaves.

Cancelo is a better player than Walker in my opinion so he would be an astute signing. I hope this one gets done.

I thought we were PL top scorers again, without aggressivly flying full backs.

Our offense is creating a shit load of chances. If anything we should up our conversion rate,
but even that was good enough to win a domestic treble.

Pep has dramatically improved City's defense over the years, we have stopped conceding silly goals, only dippers conceded 1 less.

We absolutely don't need offensive full backs.
As much as I criticize Kyle's technical abilities I am well aware what his pace and athletics mean for our game.
Danilo is a very good cover and if you handle him well he is a fighter when you need him, back across the defense.

Zin and Mendy have been improving their defensive game as well and that's where we start to win our games.
That's what top teams do. Shut down shop and convert a couple of your numerous chances.

If we start to play more open with flying full backs and drop pants on the way back I am fully against.

I am sure Pep is well aware what clean sheets mean to win trophies. Especially in CL knockout matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.