Fixtures 2019/20 - West Ham (a), Spurs (h), Bournemouth (a)

I’ve had it in my head for a while now that we keep getting a raw deal with the fixtures.

Whenever I think of first, last and boxing day fixtures, it was my belief that we seem to be away from home all the time.

Anyway, I decided to look at the data from the last 5 seasons to see if my feelings had any sort of validity.

Order of fixtures is as follows:
Home
Boxing Day
Last

14/15 -
Newcastle (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

15/16 -
WBA (A)
Sunderland (H)
Swansea (A)

16/17 -
Sunderland (H)
Hull (A)
Watford (A)

17/18 -
Brighton (A)
Newcastle (A) (27th)
Southampton (A)

18/19 -
Arsenal (A)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)

First game
Home: 1
Away: 4

Boxing Day:

Last game

Total
Home: 3
Away: 12

That’s one lob sided set of results. It also means that United were at home for 12 and away for just 3 of these fixtures.

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow’s fixtures turn out and if this trend continues.
Hope we're drawn away for all 3 again then, as we seem to win the league (other trophies are available) in those years :-)

If the boxing day fixture is away then the NYD fixture will be home normally. If the boxing day and late December are both away then the Sat before xmas and NYD will be home.

It is just 50/50.

Think having the tv games allocated is a new development in the made up fixtures this year though.

Like a football autobiography, adding detail to make it look authentic, but getting it wrong and undermining it all.

It will interesting to see how quickly the ko times etc are confirmed by Amazon. As well as the boxing day ones I think it will be the 3rd and 4th December midweek ones, but no reason they can't confirm this in the next week or two to help the away fans.

We will end up with Wolves or Leicester away, can see it coming.

Meanwhile, United will get Brighton at home and Liverpool will get Watford at home.

I must be the only fan who wants to be away on Boxing Day. Best day of the year for me when the whole family gather for drink. Lots of drinks. And City on TV thanks to Amazon. I always miss the first games as well, perks of being married to school staff and being away, but I also love watching the blues in the sun.

See the fail are running with the usual leaked fixtures story which is always wrong anyway

14682006-7131869-image-a-9_1560325914603.jpg

Liverpool on bt sport, pmsl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.