UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Fail.

Some figures could be bollocks.

But Real Madrid are throwing money around again

Obviously Tebas won't comment on Real's transfer spending.

Real Madrid announce £49m signing of Lyon left-back Ferland Mendy on six-year deal as they complete FIFTH signing of window and take summer spending up to £344m

Last edited:
Real spending aint that bad if they got these 5 players for 5 year contract thats its only an extra 50m expense this season for the transfer fees.
They also sold CR last season for a great fee they made nice profit on his amortisation fee which at that points must have been low having been there for 9 seasons.

Salaries could be an issue but again letting CR go last season alone covers probably Mendy, Militao, Jovic and Rodrigo salary alltogether. While Hazard's salary will be offset with selling james Rodriguez and finally offload Bale and soon they will replace Modric too and they still plan t sell 3-4 other players from the squad or the ones out on loan.

Thed did spend big but its imo not something that would cause them any real FFP problems as long as they get rid of the players they dont need like Bale. And they mae their squad much younger building for the future.

Imagine if we got Kun in 2011 for 35m and now this summer a bid would come in for him for 150m pounds. That would be probably 150m profit straight on our accounts.

You now the cost of one player on 5 year contract if its a high profile player lets say 100m fee and 300kk salary per week plus 10m agent fee. Its 45m pound in first year and 35m each next 4 years.

Simply the Nike-Puma change lets us buy a 100m player every summer while Puma is with us with no negative effect on our accounts.

And Real Madird has higher incomes, better sponsors than we do, also make much more in gate income. No way they can have ffp problems.

I am sure all these attacks on our club is also a plan for them to try to keep away big sponsors away from City painting us in a bad way, like cheaters etc. they dont want sponsors like Nissan and Puma with us. They cant attack those directly only they can attack the arabic ones.

If I would be Mansour I would try to influence some of these big companies in the world with no direct ties to UAE to repace Etihad as our shirt and stadium spinsor for a mindblowing fee.

Someone like Google or Apple to come in and bankroll us a nice spinsorship deal. Would the media dare to attack those like they do with Arabic sponsors?
Imagine the face of Castles, Harris on twitter to read the news of Apple replacing Etihad and its called Apple Stadium for next 10 years for 100m per season.
I think somebody mentioned for devilment, Huawei.

Trying to work out which thread I’m in, not sure if it's Sane thread or FFP but on the Sane part of this thread I thought his parents (or at least his mum) were his agents so I would not be too surprised if they are encouraging this move to Bayern as any agent probably would.
Not always the case. Good agents never try to force things onto their client. They are the agents that tend to thrive and prosper. Certainly not an expert, because I’ve got no meaningful experience of late, but became mates with a couple of pretty big agents round the turn of the last century. This principle cannot have changed, however: the ones who kept their clients with ease were the ones who never tried to twist their arm. They respected what their relationship with their client gave them, in terms of money and status.

Went to one of those agents’ weddings and it must have had twenty of his players there, but not all of them - tellingly. Some of his well-known players weren’t invited. Fair play for that. Was sat on the same table as three huge Premier League stars and their wives, one of whom was famous in her own right. That was just our table. Couple of footballing global superstars sat adjacent to the top table.

My then girlfriend, who subsequently became my wife, didn’t know who any of them were; except the foregoing famous wife. I found that hilarious. She never really understood or got football. No wonder our marriage floundered!

That weekend is definitely going in my memoirs!

Last edited:
Not always the case. Good agents never try to force things onto their client. They are the agents that tend to thrive and prosper. Certainly not an expert, because I’ve got no meaningful experience of late, but became mates with a couple of pretty big agents round the turn of the last century. This principle cannot have changed, however: the ones who kept their clients with ease were the ones who never tried to twist their arm. They respected what their relationship with their client gave them, in terms of money and status.

Went to one of those agents’ weddings and it must have had twenty of his players there, but not all of them - tellingly. Some of his well-known players weren’t invited. Fair play for that. Was sat on the same table as three huge Premier League stars and their wives, one of whom was famous in her own right. That was just our table. Couple of footballing global superstars sat adjacent to the top table.

My then girlfriend, who subsequently became my wife, didn’t know who any of them were; except the foregoing famous wife. I found that hilarious. She never really understood or got football. No wonder our marriage floundered!

I think I can join the clues together was it billy Wright & the Beverley Sister ;)

Did the famous wife have a mishap with lip injections or was that before then?

I think somebody mentioned for devilment, Huawei.

That’s actually a very good call with the Chinese stake in the club. No doubt the Etihad campus will become the Huewei Security HQ - for a gigantic international phone tapping operation... a direct threat to national security!

Did the famous wife have a mishap with lip injections or was that before then?

And infamous in a Leeds United song? If it was, I sat next to her in the Directors box at West Ham - when her hubby was playing for Spam against us. She was lovely. He scored, we lost and she took the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.