It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Of course all these players have huge ability, that’s why we bought them. The same as all big signings into our rivals.

The fact remains though that collectively, the development under Guardiola is unparalleled. He is the single most important factor in their improvement. Other managers do not get the same collective levels of progress in other clubs with big signings, maybe Klopp aside but it remains to be seen if this season was a one-off. Guardiola has been doing it season in, season out at 3 different clubs.

Perhaps most importantly there is a line of elite, world class players all of whom attribute their improvement to Guardiola. From Xavi to Lahm.

Yes the talent is there but no other manager gets 100 and 98 points out of that squad in consecutive seasons, no where near.
Yeh. Can't disagree with any of that. He is special.

Don't know why we're so worried about it, PSG and Real Madrid don't give a flying fuck.
Real didn't spend anything these last few years and their squad is well amortized.

PSG has not bought anything.

City has no problem with FFP break even rule.

There were a number of posters that disliked Yaya, true. If you say these people were adamant tt a replacement wasn't required. Who were they? And indeed you even mentioned that they were few so there's that.

Don't get things twisted, quite a number could see that Yaya was on his very last legs (even though I thought some were being overly unfair on him) and so the overriding thought was that we needed a replacment for Yaya. Only a few perhaps thought a replacement wasn't necessary. Should we dig up the old Pogba thread along with the 'its quiet' thread? Most of us were happy that Pogba was coming and thought it was absolutely necessary. When it wasn't going to happen many thought we were making a mistake. If I recall correctly, the Pogba thread reached a record number of pages.

Tell me, how many people predicted at the time that KDB and Silva could fill that gap. I'm waiting for you.
If you don’t want things twisting as you say, let’s go back to the post I replied to in which you categorically stated we can ONLY look back in hindsight when that absolutely 100% isn’t true as you now rightly admit (however few you want to claim the numbers to be).

I can tell you three big blues and all sound lads who no longer post on here due to the abuse in those threads that summer who I used to go to some games with.

Zabba was never a liability
As much as I love Zabba like my own family I still remember James McClean absolutely toying with him, he couldn’t even catch him to kick him.

Can someone please ban me for posting that, I’m sorry Zabba I still love you.

As much as I love Zabba like my own family I still remember James McClean absolutely toying with him, he couldn’t even catch him to kick him.

Can someone please ban me for posting that, I’m sorry Zabba I still love you.
He was ropey his last season of though, age I suppose. However, weirdly he looked really really good pacy even in many of the games for Westham last season. I think I recall him having a really good game up against Sane when we played West ham last season. Fantastic player and fantastic Manc accent. One of my favourites.

Well Tolmie we all hope you had a good holiday, but having read all your comments in the UEFA thread in the Bluemoon forum, I think this window will be nothing like what the club/Pep and we fans were hoping for in regard transfers !!! God I hope I’m wrong
Why do people think they know what the club or Pep 'were hoping for'? You can't even speak for the fans as each and every one would have their own opinions on it.

Why do people think they know what the club or Pep 'were hoping for'? You can't even speak for the fans as each and every one would have their own opinions on it.
It’s a comment and opinion, which is exactly why forums were invented

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.