Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matic used to be mobile once he got going. The difference is agility. There are 2 types of defensively-minded DMs, ones who tend to harass you out of the ball (Dinho, Kante et al) and ones who tend to win the ball by outmuscling you and using their frame(long legs). Rodri is more the latter, defensively-speaking.
Bot styles have pros and cons.
The overall point however was that he was much closer to Busquets.

I just don't think you're understanding the point. Hopefully the above helps you out.
Point taken.

I know what your saying.

My query is that I don't think City are paying for a 70 percent Busquets type player, essentially a deep lying playmaker with defensive attributes.
Busquests has taken on even more of that role as a matter of necessity due to Xavi and Iniesta having moved on.

Therefore he carries out a fair share of the building the play responsibilities at Barca.
However, City have two or three players at the club who can operate in that role from deep or even more who facillate in the build up.

Whilst one or two of them namely Gundogan may not be as robust as Busquets in the tackle, offensively Gundogan and kdb, if required can and or do play in that role.

The thing is given the amount of possession Barca tend to have I don't think Busquests defensive part of the game is something that he tends to need to utilise that much.

I see Rodri as 100 per cent Fern, defensively and positionally sound, putting out counters, screening the defence and with the ability to be in involved in building up the play.

Under Pep I think it's a fair chance he may improve in this regard even more and or even add goals to his game.

I see a very good auxillary defender in there too but time will tell.

However, although I see what you mean in relation to Rodri having similiar qualities to Busquests, the overriding facets of his game though I see as being similar to Ferns game.

It is Ferns type of game we miss when Fern is out, someone very physical with that capacity to read and see danger early which enable us to retain /dominate posession.

I don't think someone like Busquets who is a brilliant deep lying playmaker with defensive attributes is what City are after.
I reckon they feel there buying a player like Fern, who perhaps goes about the role in a more robust manner than Busquets but all the same in an intelligent way.

Matic is a very good and effective player when used correctly. To see what's happened to decent players after they've arrived at Old Toilet, see Sanchez, Fred and Pogba.
I know but I probably need to be honest I couldn't take to him at Chelsea. He effective, very good even but was just never for me. Essien I l have as I like my midfielders to have that bit of dynamism about them but could never take to Matic.

You are embarrassing desperate to be right that he would never leave AM

One of us regularly embarrasses themselves, and it's not the doctor

I never suggested he will definitively spend his entire career at Atletico, just that it would seem improbable for him to leave so soon after just returning. If he hadn't 'forgotten' as you say, why on earth would he go back so quickly? Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi & Messi never left their youth clubs, they lack ambition as well? Had Villarreal known what they had on their hands that buyout would've been much higher.

If Rodri were surplus to needs for Atletico or they were in desperation to generate cash then always possible but that is unlikely the case at this time. It would take something extraordinary, or someone like Pep, to have a player like him to have his head turned, I am skeptical but of course it indeed could happen

Moreover, the post you originally quoted was merely me quoting what Fabrizio Romano said on the race between City & Bayern.

One of us regularly embarrasses themselves, and it's not the doctor

Moreover, the post you originally quoted was merely me quoting what Fabrizio Romano said on the race between City & Bayern.
You have said all along he won't leave,boyhood fans never leave etc etc,if he does a U turn get back to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.