Angelino

Wish we were doing things the right way like United and bringing former players back for 90m.

Neither are going to be first choice for us at present. We need to be realistic though, top class players will not want to sit on the bench and these two are excellent young squaddies who may well make the next level soon.

Unless Mendy heals, Angelino will likely become first choice this season, and I’m quietly confident he’ll do well.

It’s a good move to have him back now for a number of reasons: He gets a year of experience with or without Mendy; He has a year under his belt if we cut our losses with Mendy next summer; He shows other loanees that the system works; And he can free up a foreign spot, which next season, ban permitting, we’re going to need to replace some mainstays.

Now watch us sell him to Spurs next month for a profit :-)

Last edited:
As a general fan of youth development and the academy setup, this is the most exciting transfer in ages, IMO. Not the best player we'll sign, not the most high profile, not one that other teams will give two flying fucks about, but it's a transfer that means more than most. It's got a bit of heart to it and it's a really humble transfer, and I fucking love that. He's an academy lad that we rated, but felt he needed a bit of time away to grow, and we actually kept to our word that he'd come back to the club if he was ready. Love it.

My feelings exactly. I don’t think he’s just a squad filler, I think he can nail down that left back position.

As a general fan of youth development and the academy setup, this is the most exciting transfer in ages, IMO. Not the best player we'll sign, not the most high profile, not one that other teams will give two flying fucks about, but it's a transfer that means more than most. It's got a bit of heart to it and it's a really humble transfer, and I fucking love that. He's an academy lad that we rated, but felt he needed a bit of time away to grow, and we actually kept to our word that he'd come back to the club if he was ready. Love it.
Great post.
It will definitely rekindle my fading interest in youth and loanee games.

Imagine how Maffeo/Manu Garcia/Matt Smith etc will feel seeing Anglino go back into the first team, must be a massive boost to them and anyone else who we loan out or sell with a clause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.