Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question, if he was not homegrown would we be looking to sign him?
He's a good player, but is he the level of quality we need to improve the side to be winning CL's and PL's, beyond Pep?

Perhaps we should be looking for more creative solutions to fulfilling our homegrown quota, (like backup keeper?), rather than potential first team regulars making up quota's.

He's a good player, but is he the level of quality we need to improve the side to be winning CL's and PL's, beyond Pep?

Perhaps we should be looking for more creative solutions to fulfilling our homegrown quota, (like backup keeper?), rather than potential first team regulars making up quota's.
I don't think I've seen a homegrown keeper that could play anywhere near like we would want. I think the first homegrown keeper we see that can will come through our own academy. But not yet, assuming we want to loan Muric out for game time. Anywhere else there is no point having a homegrown player if they aren't competing for a first team place.

I don't think I've seen a homegrown keeper that could play anywhere near like we would want. I think the first homegrown keeper we see that can will come through our own academy. But not yet, assuming we want to loan Muric out for game time. Anywhere else there is no point having a homegrown player if they aren't competing for a first team place.
Harry is the kind of signing you do and in the next couple of years you are looking to sign a replacement. Would we want to spend £65m and in a couple of years you feel you should have better? Why is there so much urgency about loaning Muric out? He will solve the homegrown quota conundrum just fine.

I really don't want this transfer to go through, I actually hope we're not in for him at all I just don't see the hype about Maguire. If it does come off I hope I'm proved wrong of course.

I think against the scousers with maguire and laporte and rodri holding they would tear us apart theres hardly any pace between the three of them its got to be a concern?

Pep is fully aware Maguire has no pace....in the documentary on Amazon,he told our lot v Leicester to target Maguire's "lack of pace".
Concerns me to be honest,but Pep is Pep,he knows best.

There is no quota, only max numbers and the key one is 17 foreign players, having up to 5 HG i.e. English trained players has never been an issue. We have never really had 5 first choice English players - there tends to always be at least 1 or 2 squad players on that list.

If we buy Harry it is because he is good enough, the fact he doesn't take up one of the 17 foreign spots is a bonus. We are not under the kind of pressure we had a few years back when the squad was to big. That is why i'm minded to think the club must think he is good enough. I have my doubts as most do but the squad is thin and he is young and seems consistent. I can see it being a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.