Standout Live Performances that hit you.

I saw them in Madrid last year and they were great. Never really knew much of their stuff either.

For me, it would be Radiohead at Glastonbury in 2003 (1997 is the classic one I think, but 2003 was the one that made me get into them in a big way). Only saw it on TV though.
My one and only Glasto appearance to date and they were brilliant (other special mentions for Primal Scream and The Music).

I actually saw Thom York (or however you spell it) out and about and he went into a tent not too far away from where we were pitched........

I can't explain why I have never been back to be honest.

Slade at reading rock festival replaced ozzys blizzard of oz
If you were there you will know why rated it better than the queen at live aid show

Free Trade Hall, Spectres tour The amazing Blue Oyster Cult. One dance hall mirror ball, laser beams, smoke, great lights and a band that were at their peak.
Mr Cornell at the Bridgewater will always be special along with Big Country at The Barras.

Here is Manchester's greatest ever export showing everyone else how live music is done. I dare you to watch it all the way through.

James are superb live. They played the Warrington Parr Hall last year on their intimate venue tour. Absolutely brilliant as were the Bunnymen when they played there later in the year. Went to see James in Stoke this year and Tim hurt his ankle and pretty much had to do the whole show sat down. Sill a top performance.

Morrissey at Blackburn King George’s Hall when unsigned in 2002 was great too.

Oasis at Gmex was good.

Three quickly leap to mind:

Joy Division - Bowden Assembly rooms 1978.... I was only 15 and it blew my mind... visceral...

U2 - Elland Road 1987... Joshua Tree tour, before Bono morphed into a compete twat.... Amazing...

The Who at Liverpool Docks 2104 (I think!) they had Zach Starkey on drums. I was sat right at the front, it was a low stage and I was literally 5 yards from Townshend and Daltrey, unbelievable night!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.