It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Pep bought a player to do what Bernardo does out wide in Mahrez. Mahrez proved he couldn't do it. Nobody else in the squad has the ability to play that right wing the way Pep requires. Gund failed their famously the previous season. Mahrez was a disaster last season. The ONLY player with the trickery and ball retention ability to play in the entire squad is Bernardo (Sane is a direct player who never would be picked for that role). So yes, Pep will go to great lengths to play him there as it is an essential part of us breaking down defenses. If Mahrez was capable of doing what Pep bought him for, clearly Bernardo would have played where he would have had the most impact, in the center.

So when the title was on the line in our final game of the season away at Brighton Pep played the disaster on the right that is Mahrez. That was a HUGE gamble then.

Pep bought a player to do what Bernardo does out wide in Mahrez. Mahrez proved he couldn't do it. Nobody else in the squad has the ability to play that right wing the way Pep requires. Gund failed their famously the previous season. Mahrez was a disaster last season. The ONLY player with the trickery and ball retention ability to play in the entire squad is Bernardo (Sane is a direct player who never would be picked for that role). So yes, Pep will go to great lengths to play him there as it is an essential part of us breaking down defenses. If Mahrez was capable of doing what Pep bought him for, clearly Bernardo would have played where he would have had the most impact, in the center.
sQRSkCf.gif

Gundogan failed famously at right wing ? Mahrez a disaster? Mahrez wasn't as good as we had hoped but he got some good numbers so it certainly wasn't a disaster, as for Gundo quote you've lost me there

The only thing I can think of is at Klanfield in the CL when Gundogan was put there on the team line ups before the game, although he played in central midfield.

If not that, I've no idea

Sane or Gundo ready to sign a contract extension?

Funnily enough - I think of one signs - so will the other. Hope both commit their long term futures. I was never a Gundogan fan but his performances at the end of last season had be scoffing ‘humble pie’. As for Sane he has it all - just needs to listen to Pep, watch Sterling , knuckle down and become world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.