It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Pep started Gund at on the right wing against Liverpool and he failed famously.
ovXGDGq.gif

Not necessarily. Bernardo and Sane/Sterling are completely different types of players. Pep prefers a player that can hold possession and successfully take on multiple defenders on the right. Sane and Sterling are not that kind of player.
So despite having 3 wide players , an injured KDB all season he usually preferred Bernardo wide. What does that suggest to you. I’m one who thought Bernardo would play central, the evidence so far suggests Pep thinks otherwise.

So despite having 3 wide players , an injured KDB all season he usually preferred Bernardo wide. What does that suggest to you.
Personally I think this had more to do with the poor form of Mahrez & Sane. If both were on it, I'm sure Bernardo would have played centrally more often than not. The fact he was played wide so often days more about how the season's of Mahrez & Sane panned out.

So despite having 3 wide players , an injured KDB all season he usually preferred Bernardo wide. What does that suggest to you. I’m one who thought Bernardo would play central, the evidence so far suggests Pep thinks otherwise.

Bernardo naturally drifts inside anyway, at times putting in a shift everywhere, like he did at home to Liverpool.
As games develop Pep has also tended to play him as one of the number 8s, or defiantly more centrally.
I've seen this happen a lot when debruyne comes on and takes up a position on the right to whip in those pearlers from deep.
Bernardo starting on the left in front of others indicates to me that Pep starts with the world class player in form.
Eventually I think he will more regularly take up a more central position, particularly with the potential introduction of Cancelo.

Bernardo naturally drifts inside anyway, at times putting in a shift everywhere, like he did at home to Liverpool.
As games develop Pep has also tended to play him as one of the number 8s, or defiantly more centrally.
I've seen this happen a lot when debruyne comes on and takes up a position on the right to whip in those pearlers from deep.
Bernardo starting on the left in front of others indicates to me that Pep starts with the world class player in form.
Eventually I think he will more regularly take up a more central position, particularly with the potential introduction of Cancelo.
With a fit Mendy or even Angelino and Cancelo available there would definitely be games where the wide players will be required to tuck in and Bernardo would be perfect on the right. Having those 2 full backs available will open up lots of options as well as Sane , Mahrez and Sane. We won’t have a fixed system and there will be game time for everyone that con show they are versatile and adaptable.

With a fit Mendy or even Angelino and Cancelo available there would definitely be games where the wide players will be required to tuck in and Bernardo would be perfect on the right. Having those 2 full backs available will open up lots of options as well as Sane , Mahrez and Sane. We won’t have a fixed system and there will be game time for everyone that con show they are versatile and adaptable.
Yeh your right but I think it depends on how Pep wants them to set up. I think as you say the system will be fluid, one minute the fullbacks are inverted flooding the midfield, but the next their flying down the wing creating overlaps, its when this happens I expect to see the likes of BSilva exploiting spaces in the opposing teams third.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.