David Silva leaves City after 10 years

I really have to say that I'm not surprised but also not disappointed.

David has been so immense for us, both on the pitch and off it. He has earned every bit of our support and I for one support whatever decision he chooses to make. He could never disappoint me.

Life moves on, so do teams and clubs. Memories and respect linger forever. David has given us much more than we could ever hope for and all I can do is salute him for everything he has achieved as a footballer, an ambassador for City and as a man.

Now enjoy the season, revel in whatever comes and celebrate his involvement. When the time comes he will get the send-off he deserves.

I’m gutted I dreaded this day coming,I knew it had to happen,my all time favourite City player,my previous fave was King Colin and it had to be someone special to overtake him.

Bang on....the hull game. A total none descript game in world football history......but Spanish Dave actually created magic that day. Force of will. Ability. Control and unselfish.

Quite simply the most unselfish player I have seen. Will take the ball off any team mate in any situation to ease their pain even if heavily marked himself. The best I have ever seen......
I hope he returns home with his family and has a year playing for Canary Islands and that his family are healthy and happy.

Thank you.............

I've got the hull match on file if anyone wants to watch again

Nice ordered withdrawal of the old guard.

Zaba, Toure, kompany, Silva........

Fernandinho and Aguero left.

10 years ago when Silva arrived we had won nothing for years. 10 years later and 10 main trophies won including 4 premier leagues! Wow

One of the all time Premier League greats.

One last great season to come!

Was always thinking when this season is up, he'll review and stay another, then another....

Now that he has announced it, I'm absolutely gutted.

He always turned up, and when the chips were down, this slight waif of a footballer, always, always carried the fight and never gave in.

For 10 years, week in, week out, consistently playing to an extremely high standard, lifting those around him. A true star and legend.

He will be sorely missed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.