UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will find a lot of us disagree with you.

FFP was definitely brought it to stop us and other non “Old Boys” clubs from breaking up the cartel.

After AC Milan agreeing a one year ban, I honestly fear the worse and the Club might have to resort to legal proceedings.
I looked at that and thought they got a result there. Two year ban reduced to passing up a Europa League campaign.

Oh, absolutely, we've all seen it for what it is ever since we were taken over and FFP was hurried into the rule book. I don't think it was created to directly target us, but we were just a high profile and timely example of the kind of investment UEFA intended for FFP to stop, where one single person funnels their own money into a football club. We sneaked in just as the drawbridge was pulled up. We got lucky.
bullshit it wasn’t brought in to do anything other than stop us. They smelt change on the wind coming from the Middle East and created rules directly opposing what we were doing, and then when it became apparent we might still comply they changed the rules.
You seem very naive about FIFA and yet remarkably skeptical of city’s behavior.

Why didn’t you mention the marketing reasons/global identity creation relating to the creation of a sister club in a growing MLS?

I think you will find a lot of us disagree with you.

FFP was definitely brought it to stop us and other non “Old Boys” clubs from breaking up the cartel.

After AC Milan agreeing a one year ban, I honestly fear the worse and the Club might have to resort to legal proceedings.
Oh, no, I agree with that side of it. I wasn't clear there at all, apologies. I don't think it was designed to stop City specifically, but I believe it was designed to make sure that success stories like ours couldn't be achieved en masse. They were happy to allow City to join the big boys club so long as they constantly had the opportunity to undermine us and treat us like shit, but if too many clubs got wind that you could disrupt the cabal with some investment, then there'd be trouble, and so FFP was set up. As Hopper said in A Bug's Life: "You let one ant stand up to us, then they all might stand up. Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one. And if they ever figure that out, there goes our way of life."

bullshit it wasn’t brought in to do anything other than stop us. They smelt change on the wind coming from the Middle East and created rules directly opposing what we were doing, and then when it became apparent we might still comply they changed the rules.
You seem very naive about FIFA and yet remarkably skeptical of city’s behavior.

Why didn’t you mention the marketing reasons/global identity creation relating to the creation of a sister club in a growing MLS?
Have responded to another post asking the same question. Wasn't very clear in the one you've quoted, apologies.

We founded New York City and immediately loaned Lampard from them. We saved ourselves a tonne of money and got a useful squad player for a season. It wasn't the same as this Barca / Valencia agreement but it's fishy enough for UEFA to come sniffing, and as far as we're all aware they haven't done yet. My point is that it's hard for us to take the moral high-ground in this instance when we've exploited loopholes for our own gain in similar ways.

For example, we've bought players from football clubs we own before loaning them out to raise their value and profit from their eventual transfers. We've attempted this (or something similar) with Luke Brattan, Aaron Mooy, Anthony Caceres, Mix Diskerud, Jack Harrison, Eirik Johansen, David Villa, Angelino, Shay Facey, and Yangel Herrera. The loophole exists so we've exploited it, but that doesn't stop it from being shady.
How the fuck do you work our we saved ourselves a ton of money?

We founded New York City and immediately loaned Lampard from them. We saved ourselves a tonne of money and got a useful squad player for a season. It wasn't the same as this Barca / Valencia agreement but it's fishy enough for UEFA to come sniffing, and as far as we're all aware they haven't done yet. My point is that it's hard for us to take the moral high-ground in this instance when we've exploited loopholes for our own gain in similar ways.

For example, we've bought players from football clubs we own before loaning them out to raise their value and profit from their eventual transfers. We've attempted this (or something similar) with Luke Brattan, Aaron Mooy, Anthony Caceres, Mix Diskerud, Jack Harrison, Eirik Johansen, David Villa, Angelino, Shay Facey, and Yangel Herrera. The loophole exists so we've exploited it, but that doesn't stop it from being shady.

Just because you don’t understand the semantics- it doesn’t mean it’s “shady”. It has been the action of a well run organisation.

Totally different situations.

Milan is in a terrible financial situation in regards of the break even rule. They simply couldn't get away with it, so they opted for an all-inclusive (mild) sanction.

City is in a good financial situation. And they can deny having mislead UEFA investigators. It is harder for UEFA to prove alleged City tricks than to point out Milan books are not balanced.
I am sure i read that Milan had failed FFP 5 years out of 6 so this G14 team has got away with it very very leniently,no transfer bans no fine and all previous transgressions have been wiped

I think we have different definitions of "shady" in this instance, but that's fine.

Shady refers to something done in the dark/shade to avoid any glare and insinuates done illegally.
Backhanders and such are examples of shady deals. So you're using it incorrectly to somehow
have a go at the clubs dealings. Why ? only you know.

Shady is more like when Barcelona bought Neymar for 40 something M€ and it turned out the transfer was worth close to 90 M€ (and even then, the true value is unknown).
Sorry but that wasn't shady at all.

Outright fraud was what it was.

Totally different situations.

Milan is in a terrible financial situation in regards of the break even rule. They simply couldn't get away with it, so they opted for an all-inclusive (mild) sanction.

City is in a good financial situation. And they can deny having mislead UEFA investigators. It is harder for UEFA to prove alleged City tricks than to point out Milan books are not balanced.

Plus AC Milan are no where near the champions league, in fact I would predict that by the time they have rebuilt the San Siro and got the team sorted out FFP will no longer be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.