Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the reports that say we are paying above the release clause to pay over multiple years...meaning we can announce it now if true.

Which reports are saying that? Can't imagine cashflow is an issue for City so it makes no sense to pay above the release clause.

Which reports are saying that? Can't imagine cashflow is an issue for City so it makes no sense to pay above the release clause.

I’m guessing it’s to stay within FFP guidelines if we have several other signings to make.
Also If we get a transfer ban which is largely reported, we could spend say £400m but split the payments over two transfer windows. So if we split payments then net spend for the year we are banned from signing players will be £200m. So instead of £400m in one season/window is would be 200 now, 200 when we are banned.
If that don’t make sense it’s cos I’ve had a few Uri Gellers

Looks very promising now :

Negotiations for the deal have continued to drag out as Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain were also interested in the 22-year-old but City are favourites to land there man.

Atleti have dropped a massive clue that the midfielder could soon be on his way by giving his squad number away.

However, at their unveiling of new signing Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid it was revealed that he would be wearing Rodri's No.14 next season instead.

Rodri wore the No.14 for Los Colchoneros last season, a number that held personal significance as it was also worn by manager Diego Simeone.

Rodri said on the number upon signing for the club last summer: "It is a very important number for this club, the values of Simeone as coach and now manager - courage, battling qualities."
Perhaps Rodri is just switching to # 10 :)

It was posted somewhere on this site. Wouldn't surprise me if we are having cash flow issues (or at least are being creative about how we move money around). We took a loan out a few weeks ago for the window (reportedly). Makes sense to me...owners aren't putting money in anymore.

It was posted somewhere on this site. Wouldn't surprise me if we are having cash flow issues (or at least are being creative about how we move money around). We took a loan out a few weeks ago for the window (reportedly). Makes sense to me...owners aren't putting money in anymore.
Our owner hasn't put in money for several years,the loan is to be able to spend big but you don't pay more than a release clause imo

You’ve got to be a bit more subtle, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.