Glastonbury 2019

Because of the hype and out of curiosity, I did watch this bloke last night. About 10 minutes was about as much as I could take. To me it was a din, not my type at all, I won't call it music because I didn't hear one note at all. I don't particularly the likes of Coldplay either but I will admit there is a musical tone to it. So it's not a case of I don't acknowledge musical taste. This morning the BBC commented that "Glastonbury - Stormzy tears the stage up" I thought the stage had been torn up, literally, but no, it seems his appearance went down well. It must be grunge, or grind speak. Heaven help us.
And that is a reflection of how most kids are today.

Brrrap Brrrap yo yo let me see your photo, all doing the chicken walk, looking like extras from cunts in Essex, beep de beep music, all a load of absolute fuckin dogshit.

I mean I say that's the state of kids today but let's not forget these nimrods who want to be gender fluid/binary/fraction/pansexual/fuckin dot com sexual, the music nowadays is wank, complete and utter tripe.

I mean fair play to stormzy, he's amazing at what he does, not my cup of tea but fair play to him for getting out the concrete jungle of London and not becoming another statistic with a knife in him or going round sticking knives into folk, he's obviously an icon and a role model to a lot of kids 25 and under.
Even if his performing and words on stage stop one black youth in London from joining a gang and killing someone then it's job done and he'd have done a whole lot more than what the police or government have done in the past 10years.

Because of the hype and out of curiosity, I did watch this bloke last night. About 10 minutes was about as much as I could take. To me it was a din, not my type at all, I won't call it music because I didn't hear one note at all. I don't particularly the likes of Coldplay either but I will admit there is a musical tone to it. So it's not a case of I don't acknowledge musical taste. This morning the BBC commented that "Glastonbury - Stormzy tears the stage up" I thought the stage had been torn up, literally, but no, it seems his appearance went down well. It must be grunge, or grind speak. Heaven help us.
Post of the thread so far. After mine, obviously! This bloke seemingly has a huge ("massive", even!) following to get that gig. But I had to google him to find out what he actually did. It was dreadful. Now I'm no fan of Coldplay, but compare their appearance (or the Rolling Stones) to that last night.

Had to google stormzy to see what everyone was talking about. I found one live video and it was of him at the Brit awards (I think) singing some gospel music. I lasted 1 minute.

Who else is on this year? Are the Killers on again? Are we human or are we dancers? What on earth is that about? Another pile of overrated crap. Big gob from Burnage is on this weekend sometime, I'll give him a miss too.
Seriously though, 2019 and I'm not really a fan of hers but the only one I'm looking to singing along to, is Kylie. That's about the highlight for me:)

You’re definitely wrong on Pulp, their singles were staples on the radio, it was a brilliant set though.

Rap music has been around for a long time but it’s marmite, I personally hate it, I just don't get it. Prodigy were not my music as well but at least they played music that was recognisable.

Punk and New Wave was my era but I like loads of different music, would love to see a bit more of Idles and Fontaine DC based on last nights short airing on the BBC.
But what do you mean by recognisable? That you know them? I live in the same house as my 18 year old son so may not know all the songs word for word but have heard 90% of Stormzy’s set. The Cure are headlining tomorrow. My lad will maybe know one of their songs. Should they not headline because their songs aren’t recognisable?

And that is a reflection of how most kids are today.

Brrrap Brrrap yo yo let me see your photo, all doing the chicken walk, looking like extras from cunts in Essex, beep de beep music, all a load of absolute fuckin dogshit.

I mean I say that's the state of kids today but let's not forget these nimrods who want to be gender fluid/binary/fraction/pansexual/fuckin dot com sexual, the music nowadays is wank, complete and utter tripe.

I mean fair play to stormzy, he's amazing at what he does, not my cup of tea but fair play to him for getting out the concrete jungle of London and not becoming another statistic with a knife in him or going round sticking knives into folk, he's obviously an icon and a role model to a lot of kids 25 and under.
Even if his performing and words on stage stop one black youth in London from joining a gang and killing someone then it's job done and he'd have done a whole lot more than what the police or government have done in the past 10years.
Top rant..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.