Champions League 2019/20

So some European leagues are a better standard than others, I'm not sure what you think can be done about that. Within a domestic league it would be possible to make the competition more equal but I don't see how you'd get around the fact that, say, the Kosovo League is never likely to rival the PL in terms of quality.
well some of the ways to make it more credible would eliminate a shitload of uefa revenue so it will never change.
the point is, AGAIN, the competition is flawed, simple as.
teams ranked 200th and lower should not be in the competition, enjoy.

well in reality, that's the first joke of the competition right there isn't it.
all 17 clubs who stayed up in the Prem are better than those.
Those clubs have more right to be in the CL than around 70% of clubs who are actually in it.

The dips may have beaten 'nobody' to some of their early EC wins but at least every team in it was there legitimately.

Those clubs have more right to be in the CL than around 70% of clubs who are actually in it.

The dips may have beaten 'nobody' to some of their early EC wins but at least every team in it was there legitimately.
yes, exactly.
make it a true champions league then. who would argue?
oh, that's right, Uefa. because they would lose tons of cash.

I think it would be great if they included every top division club in Europe. Got rid of group stages and changed it to straight knockouts. Penalties immediately if it's a draw. Could turn it into a proper FA cup styled competition. Seed in the clubs with better coefficients later on in the season etc. Implement a 10% allocation for away fans (if they require it). Imagine Barcelona being drawn against minnows like St Johnstone, TNS or Manchester United, who have very little hope of seeing their club perform at the top level of Europe again. That would be a lot more interesting than watching Liverpool v Porto for the 53rd time in 3 years.

You are not European champions any more than the winners of the FA cup are English champions. You are Champion's League winners, not champions of Europe. No team could claim to be European champions when they are not even champions of their own country.

The league is more of a measure of a team and most of our fans would prefer the league for that reason (plus it stops you winning it and let's face it, the league is the one you really want as well) but I suspect you are right that the owners (and probably the players) would prefer the CL as we have won the PL a few times now.
My best mate is a Liverpool supporter as are his two sons.
There is no denying it. The PL is the one they crave most. They openly admit it. It is the true measure of consistency.
We have been our own worst enemy (2nd worst actually, after UEFA) in the CL with tactics and the fact we won't sacrifice any other competition for it. Our management and owners favour it far more than the supporters.
But Liverpool fans know that the PL is the holy grail for them. Anything else from their supporters is just bluster.

You city fans are truly deluded, Uefa is after you lol. You've conceded about 15 goals in 3 quarterfinal match-ups and you lot think it's Uefa that's conspiring to knock you out and not your useless defence. How can you keep conceding 4 to 5 goals in a UCL tie and expect to go through, when the competition is so intense that a failure to score or a silly mistake at the back rarely goes unpunished.none of you will admit that that for the last few seasons you've been given an easier path to the finals.

We conceded so many goals in those 3 quarter finals, correct, but a huge proportion of them were incorrect decisions by the officials (can think of 4 straight away). We also had a few of our goals disallowed which wasn't reciprocated.

We've earnt our path to the finals by winning our league (being in pot 1) and winning our group. You lot have had tougher groups because you can't win your group stage (embarrassing to claim you're better than PSG who finished above you), never mind the league!

Take 16/17 Pep's 1st season, if you had beaten Monaco, you would have had dortmund and juventus, the only elite opponent you would have had to play on your way to the finals would have been juventus. Take 17/18, the only elite team you would've had to play on the way to the finals would've been liverpool, you would've played Basel, Liverpool, and Roma. Yet again in 18/19 Uefa still provides you lot with an easy route against Schalke, Spurs, and Ajax, and yet you couldn't even beat Spurs who are famous for being bottlers.

16/17 - Monaco won Ligue 1 over PSG. They had Mbappe, B. Silva, Fabhino, Mendy, Bakiyoko, Falcao etc. They were an unreal team. Shows how little you know about European football by insinuating they weren't good. We also didn't get beat by them, we drew and went out on an away goals rule.

17/18 - We didn't perform when we played you. Probably to do with your fans attacking our team before the game as well as the referee's giving everything your way in that first leg.

18/19 - Spurs drew with us over two legs. They also handballed a goal in which seems to be allowed vs City (check Boly's goal for Wolves against us this season). They also got to a Champions League final after facing Inter, Barca, PSV (Who were dutch champions ahead of AJAX), Dortmund, us and AJAX, so they're hardly rubbish are they?

Then I read some of you lot on here saying the domestic cups and the league are more important than the UCL, what a joke. You think players and clubs dream about winning the Carabao cup lol.

I agree with the vast majority of your fanbase, who desperately wanted the league this year, that winning the league is the most important. If you don't win it, you can't really claim to be the best in Europe can you? Don't get me wrong, winning the UCL is special and you lot should enjoy that, but it's the same as any cup win, requires tons of luck and ultimately isn't the marker of the best team. There are loads of players who've won the UCL (although some on your list haven't). There aren't many who've won the Premier League with 100 points. There aren't many who've won the domestic treble in England. These are achievements that happen once a century. The UCL is won once a year.[/QUOTE]

We conceded so many goals in those 3 quarter finals, correct, but a huge proportion of them were incorrect decisions by the officials (can think of 4 straight away). We also had a few of our goals disallowed which wasn't reciprocated.

We've earnt our path to the finals by winning our league (being in pot 1) and winning our group. You lot have had tougher groups because you can't win your group stage (embarrassing to claim you're better than PSG who finished above you), never mind the league!

16/17 - Monaco won Ligue 1 over PSG. They had Mbappe, B. Silva, Fabhino, Mendy, Bakiyoko, Falcao etc. They were an unreal team. Shows how little you know about European football by insinuating they weren't good. We also didn't get beat by them, we drew and went out on an away goals rule.

17/18 - We didn't perform when we played you. Probably to do with your fans attacking our team before the game as well as the referee's giving everything your way in that first leg.

18/19 - Spurs drew with us over two legs. They also handballed a goal in which seems to be allowed vs City (check Boly's goal for Wolves against us this season). They also got to a Champions League final after facing Inter, Barca, PSV (Who were dutch champions ahead of AJAX), Dortmund, us and AJAX, so they're hardly rubbish are they?

I agree with the vast majority of your fanbase, who desperately wanted the league this year, that winning the league is the most important. If you don't win it, you can't really claim to be the best in Europe can you? Don't get me wrong, winning the UCL is special and you lot should enjoy that, but it's the same as any cup win, requires tons of luck and ultimately isn't the marker of the best team. There are loads of players who've won the UCL (although some on your list haven't). There aren't many who've won the Premier League with 100 points. There aren't many who've won the domestic treble in England. These are achievements that happen once a century. The UCL is won once a year.
[/QUOTE]
An excellent and well thought out considered response. However I would have gone with “Fuck off you filthy scouse vermin phlegm spitting Italian murdering bin dipping candle waving cûnt”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.