Welcome Rodri - Signing Confirmed

Delighted. Could be the best #6 in the world within a year. He's that good. If anyone fancies some excitable, babbling from myself on the subject, here you go!

Who's a better number 6 now?

Most Spanish football pundits already think he was the best in Spain, there's no one in Italy, Germany or France who stands out. Verratti hasn't been great for a while, Busquets is on the decline, Casemiro is a hatchet man. Frenkie De Jong maybe? But he's not going to play there for Barca apparently.

His biggest competition is Fernandinho. Some people might say Kante but he's not really the same type of player at all.

Rodri welcome to Manchester City! I don't know much about him, from the little I've seen I like his height, composure, seems to be a proper defender with an eye for the right pass too. Cool to have #16 back, hope he could be the much needed successor to Fernandinho, can't wait to find out!

The most important signing we will make in the next 5 years if he works out.

I'll be honest I dont know much about him so I'll trust the clubs judgement, its who and what he is replacing that makes this so important

Who's a better number 6 now?

Most Spanish football pundits already think he was the best in Spain, there's no one in Italy, Germany or France who stands out. Verratti hasn't been great for a while, Busquets is on the decline, Casemiro is a hatchet man. Frenkie De Jong maybe? But he's not going to play there for Barca apparently.

His biggest competition is Fernandinho. Some people might say Kante but he's not really the same type of player at all.
In my opinion Fernandinho is still the best, no one has his mix of technical and tactical ability combined with his physicality. Rodri definitely has the potential to be even better but Dinho has been there, done it and got the medals to prove it.

I think most none City fans would still say Kante, my mates are constantly saying we should sign him even after explaining we don’t play the style of football to suit him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.