Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Fab but I hope he stays in England. The thought of him playing in an Istanbul derby is...well I'd pay to see that. Pep has been unable to get through to him about reckless challenges and I reckon he would last about half an hour. The less said about the language barrier, the better.
I’d pay to see that too, some of Delph’s tackle are brilliant and he’s perfect for getting other players up for it. Although sometimes his exuberance crosses the line, personally I love it and don’t understand why half the Premier League hasn’t been in for him.

Although sometimes his exuberance crosses the line, personally I love it and don’t understand why half the Premier League hasn’t been in for him.
I'd agree with that. Especially someone like Sean Dyche, I would've thought he'd be at the front of the queue for a player like Delph.

I'd agree with that. Especially someone like Sean Dyche, I would've thought he'd be at the front of the queue for a player like Delph.

I don’t get why people don’t rate Delph, I really like him as a player and it seems he is a great influence to have around the squad. The only reason he doesn’t get more game time for us is team balance, he simply doesn’t quite fit. He spent a year doing an amazing covering job at left back and is solid in midfield. His transition to attack is where he doesn’t fit in for us.

More Nigel De Jong than Fernandinho he is a quality international player who would walk into any other premiership team apart from ours and even at Liverpool he would get 3/4 of the games.

Shame he doesn’t fit, as in my mind a great guy, a personality around the club and seriously under rated by the fans.

We won’t lose money on him for sure, and this is yet another guy I would like to see back at the club in some capacity in the future.

Delph was bang average last season. Also his injury record is not the best + probably commands decent wages. So the lack of interest from PL clubs is not that big of surprise imo.

Turkish clubs especially Galatasaray with CL football pay decent wages. They paid £5m for Fernando, so maybe they will give us something for him.

I like Delph he has been unlucky as he has been played out of position and considered not good enough for the midfield role understandably. If he does move on I wish him well. He has managed to get hold of some winners medals whilst he has been here so not too bad.

I like Delph he has been unlucky as he has been played out of position and considered not good enough for the midfield role understandably. If he does move on I wish him well. He has managed to get hold of some winners medals whilst he has been here so not too bad.

I wouldn't say he's unlucky - a lot of managers wouldn't have given him the chance Pep did.

Delph's biggest problem is his availability, he spends so much time injured. with the exception of 17-18 season, he has generally been unavailable more time than not, and even with that season averaged in it feels like he is unavailavle more than 50% of the time. And when he is back, the time it takes to get him match fit someone else fills in.

Decent squad player, decent guy, decent value for money, but thats about it. best for all if he finds a club that suits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.