Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, Garcia is a star. Had he been at Ajax we’d be looking at a £40m player minimum.

Garcia definitely looks like a star. But he definitely needs time, I think he'll be eased into the side like Foden.

It baffles me why people are opposed to using Fernandinho at centre back. I completely understand he’s not the tallest and won’t win as many aerial duels as Maguire but that’s such a small part of the game, especially now we’ve got the additional height and aerial presence of Rodri at 6’3” which we’ve not had previously. Rodri’s size will help us at set pieces and he’ll also provide a shield against long balls into the more physical strikers.

To me it just means we push even higher up the pitch and give Ederson even more responsibility in mopping up the long hopeful punts, he only wore gloves in 50% of the games last season to protect himself from frost bite.

It baffles me why people are opposed to using Fernandinho at centre back. I completely understand he’s not the tallest and won’t win as many aerial duels as Maguire but that’s such a small part of the game, especially now we’ve got the additional height and aerial presence of Rodri at 6’3” which we’ve not had previously. Rodri’s size will help us at set pieces and he’ll also provide a shield against long balls into the more physical strikers.

To me it just means we push even higher up the pitch and give Ederson even more responsibility in mopping up the long hopeful punts, he only wore gloves in 50% of the games last season to protect himself from frost bite.

Why would we move one of the very best defensive midfielders in the world, so key to our success, out of position?

Why would we move one of the very best defensive midfielders in the world, so key to our success, out of position?
I’d of thought Because we have just signed another very good one. Mascherano is not a natural CB and it seemed to be a successful experiment.

Reactions: cjn
I’d of thought Because we have just signed another very good one. Mascherano is not a natural CB and it seemed to be a successful experiment.

There's literally one example people use when touting a CM to move to CB, and it's always Mascherano.

Why people automatically then apply that theory to any aging CM is beyond me. It's not a done thing, Mascherano was the exception, not the norm. The guy was never that great in CM to begin with - certainly no where near Fernandinho's level.

Rodri will get his chance and game time, it's a long season and as we've seen Fern might need a lighter workload due to injury risk. As already said, the guy is one of if not the best in the world in his position - playing him in anything other than CM is madness, unless we're desperate.

There's literally one example people use when touting a CM to move to CB, and it's always Mascherano.

Why people automatically then apply that theory to any aging CM is beyond me. It's not a done thing, Mascherano was the exception, not the norm. The guy was never that great in CM to begin with - certainly no where near Fernandinho's level.

Rodri will get his chance and game time, it's a long season and as we've seen Fern might need a lighter workload due to injury risk.
But your overlooking the one parallel between these two tactical/positional changes. The guy in charge of them changes. Then That’s the only example you need. As aside note, there is another player that had the same positional change. He didn’t do to bad either, Vincent Kompany. You need to open your mind to the idea that maybe Pep not only knows what he’s doing but that he actually might have had success doing it in the past? After all he said himself, if he could have 11 midfielders for every position he would.

Rodri will get his chance and game time, it's a long season and as we've seen Fern might need a lighter workload due to injury risk. As already said, the guy is one of if not the best in the world in his position - playing him in anything other than CM is madness, unless we're desperate.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...take-regular-step-back-man-city-defence-says/

Pep says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.