Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think against the scousers with maguire and laporte and rodri holding they would tear us apart theres hardly any pace between the three of them its got to be a concern?
peps got their number as he showed last season ,we will win twice in the league v Liverpool this season.

I think against the scousers with maguire and laporte and rodri holding they would tear us apart theres hardly any pace between the three of them its got to be a concern?
Kompany, Stones and Dhino are not exactly blessed with pace and we did OK against them in January

Against us, he showed that there is enough stuff we could work with. And he would be around for maybe 7-8 years if needed.

I'm happy with whatever happens either way now tbh.

It would be a great pity for Maguire if he misses out & ends up at the swamp. Hopefully for his sake, Leicester give him a break & don't take the piss on the money.

Spot on. I thought he was superb that night as well.

Very intelligent player, doesn't just lump it, want to play out from the back, comfortable on the ball and would fit perfectly into our system.

Yes, he isn't blessed with lightning pace, but neither is Otamendi.

Some have said he may be suspect in 1 on 1s. The opposition has to get the ball off us first up, then attempt to or have the guts to, launch an attack.

He has done extremely well so far playing for a mediocre team, which are regularly attacked.

Very, very good signing if he comes.

Bittersweet as well though, as off the back of that performance last season, I am expecting good things from Leicester this season.

Brendan seems to understand the pressing game and I think they will a surprise package next year with a couple of shrewd signings, providing they don't lose too many players.

Where would he play for us? Right centre back, left centre back or both?

I know he's right footed but whenever Ive watched him he's played left centre back and seemed very comfortable in that position. If we're planning to play him there, then isn't he really a back up for Laporte? Or will Pep switch him to the right (which might take some time for him to adjust)? Or interchange him between both positions (which might take him even longer to adjust)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.