Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case in point. No player is ever allowed to reject City, walk away, pulled the deal, its all semantics. The player ultimately has refused to sign for whatever reason. This constant need to rationalise every rejection reminds of Utd, when we were signing yaya, Silva, aguero etc. Mercenaries they've only gone for the money.
It was Utter tripe and so are these endless streams of excuses City fans peddle out to frame the reason why they hope a player they don't like does not come or worse when a player we have been after chooses another club.
Bust still city did walk away from both those deals

I don't think City spend their time driving up the transfer fees for players like Pogba, Sanchez and Fred, to make them even more rich than they already are with the signing on fee.
If that's the case it didn't work out to well with VD at Liverpool.
Sanchez and Fred chose Utd over City simple as that whether it was due to more money doesn't really matter they chose Utd.
I think if City were deliberately driving up transfer fees most clubs would have got wise to it by now. City aren't the only club out there who doesn't like to be messed about.
This conspiracy theory about City driving up transfer fees for Utd is synonymous with the well worn "we didn't want him anyway."
Pep already said we didn't put in a bid for vvd, please keep up.

Bust still city did walk away from both those deals

Because the players would not sign.

A boy asks a girl out 5 times, each time she doesn't commit either way.

He eventually moves on.

Whatever way you want to frame it or word it, it's rejection.

Case in point. No player is ever allowed to reject City, walk away, pulled the deal, its all semantics. The player ultimately has refused to sign for whatever reason. This constant need to rationalise every rejection reminds of Utd, when we were signing yaya, Silva, aguero etc. Mercenaries they've only gone for the money.
It was Utter tripe and so are these endless streams of excuses City fans peddle out to frame the reason why they hope a player they don't like does not come or worse when a player we have been after chooses another club.

For those players yaya silva and aguero we had pay top wack because we were trying to bridge the gap from just above relegation to top 4. Now we do walk away when the fee goes above what we feel is the right deal and the fact show its true in the majority of players we have pulled out of maybe giorgino was the exception.

For those players yaya silva and aguero we had pay top wack because we were trying to bridge the gap from just above relegation to top 4. Now we do walk away when the fee goes above what we feel is the right deal and the fact show its true in the majority of players we have pulled out of maybe giorgino was the exception.

Give up mate you won’t convince him

Simply city set a price and stick to it

Rags fall for it as they are playing catch up

Pep already said we didn't put in a bid for vvd, please keep up.
That's not my point. My pint is that if you subscribe to the notion that City purposely inflate transfer fees if you took Vvd, for example that approach would be counter productive.
City would not waist their time drumming up a transfer fee to see a world class player go to a rival.
Utter drivel.
By all accounts City identify their targets months if not a year in advance.
I don't see tixi and City having one list of targets a year in advance who their going to target and another list of wind ups who the sole purpose of being on that list is to drive up transfer fees for other clubs and make the player and agent even more rich with their signing on fee.
Utter Utter drivel.

That's not my point. My pint is that if you subscribe to the notion that City purposely inflate transfer fees if you took Vvd, for example that approach would be counter productive.
City would not waist their time drumming up a transfer fee to see a world class player go to a rival.
Utter drivel.
By all accounts City identify their targets months if not a year in advance.
I don't see tixi and City having one list of targets a year in advance who their going to target and another list of wind ups who the sole purpose of being on that list is to drive up transfer fees for other clubs and make the player and agent even more rich with their signing on fee.
Utter Utter drivel.
Completely agree...it’s a nice thought that we drive prices up for players we have no interest in especially when it’s united but the reality is as you say we have 1 list and it’s being planned months in advance of any bid/signing.

I know what your saying and your right completely. What I'm on about is this pervading notion that City purposely inflate transfer fees for other clubs whilst many of are fans acknowledge that we are one of if not the best run club in the country.
These point of views are not mutually compatible. City are either professional about they way we go about are business or we are WUM, who get a giggle out of artificially inflating transfer fees for other clubs.
I know where I sit on that one.

I know what your saying and your right completely. What I'm on about is this pervading notion that City purposely inflate transfer fees for other clubs whilst many of are fans acknowledge that we are one of if not the best run club in the country.
These point of views are not mutually compatible. City are either professional about they way we go about are business or we are WUM, who get a giggle out of artificially inflating transfer fees for other clubs.
I know where I sit on that one.

Yeah I dont believe we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.