Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand our stance but I think we will regret this one too be honest.
We need some centre back cover and we shouldn't need to rely on Fernandinho in emergencies.
Overall very dissapointing were losing out to the Rags on him, really thought we would sign him.
We will never win a straight shootout with Utd unless the player wants the move aswell. We have our structure and stick too it where as Utd they will smash there transfer record and wage record to get the player . No do far we have done well with the Fred and Sanchez deals but the law of averages says sooner or later we will get it wrong and one will slip throughout fingers . Until we really make a statement in the transfer market with the elite players I think we will always be behind the likes of Barca and Real Madrid juve and maybe Bayern in terms of being at the very top table .

We will never win a straight shootout with Utd unless the player wants the move aswell. We have our structure and stick too it where as Utd they will smash there transfer record and wage record to get the player . No do far we have done well with the Fred and Sanchez deals but the law of averages says sooner or later we will get it wrong and one will slip throughout fingers . Until we really make a statement in the transfer market with the elite players I think we will always be behind the likes of Barca and Real Madrid juve and maybe Bayern in terms of being at the very top table .
Awhole one? we must chuck our structure away then,as for the last bit lol have you seen our squad

I was following the conversation because I'm curious to see how high his transfer fee will be and, well, I have to say I agree with karen (that's a first!).
We only started swinging big money from the last summer window, but before that we built 7 titles on a relatively cautious market strategy.

I personally find Man U tactics to be ridiculous and yours to be more rational. Mind you, I don't mean they've lost their mind; there are many different market strategies, and that's why there's no point in saying that United's strategy is the right one. You have your own plans and I'd say they've worked out pretty well for you so far. Where have United's plans lead them?

When building on a club's early string of success, I'd rather have good players and my money (which I could use to buy interesting players in the future) than taking a huge bet in overpaying the talk of the town, which could prevent other moves in the market and turn out to be shit. Apply this x10 if your team is 6th in the table.

You have a very good team, and I personally judge players' worth on the pitch, not by how much money they're gonna make others offer. I'd understand that focus on "statement signings" and popularity of a player if you managed a media company, but you're still a football club.

And players, unlike what's been said on here, often want go to the most illustrious team, which is the one who has won more, not the one who has offered the most for big names that didn't deliver.

Paul.

Have you been on Red Cafe recently?

Go on the Rodri thread.

They think he is a statement signing by City. They are gutted. That's all you need to know.

While United piss about with finding any midfield player, and their best midfield player wants to leave, we’ve signed one of the best midfield players in World.

But yes, we have a set high end transfer figure that we won’t go over. I’d say anywhere above £70mill.

But that will be seriously tested when Sergi goes and we have to replace him.

For the best strikers in the World, there isn’t much change from £100mill.

That may well be our new transfer record in the future?

I don't think that's Peps modus operandi, he doesn't want a £125m superstar, he wants to build a team where everyone from the left back to the guy banging in 20 goals a season are all equal.
You say we will always be behind the likes of Barca, Madrid in terms of the very top table, well look at Barca they buy Dembele from Dortmund for what £120m, and 2 yrs down the line they want rid, Real Madrid are throwing money all over with no strategy..

I think Peps way creates harmony in the minds of the players, which leads to a good team ethic and work rate, I don't think we need to go down the Rags or Barca way with huge signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.