Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it's about opinions, but from what I've seen, Bruno would be in the mix to start. Bravo > young English or club trained keeper. Danilo > Cancelo. Mangala isn't in our PL or CL squad in any case.

Where there's a will there's a way. I've seen enough of Fernades to suggest he'd be a hit here... Again, this is all my humble personal opinion..
I’ve got to admit I’ve not seen enough of him to form an opinion I’d 100% stand by but the complete lack of interest in him from top clubs despite those goal and assist statistics and his YouTube highlights suggests something is missing. Whether it’s consistency, work rate or attitude something isn’t quite right for his agent to be whoring him around like he clearly is when he’s clearly got game changing ability.

Not sure there’s a young homegrown or club trained keeper who can play out the way we want, leaving yourself a single point of failure or one injury (Eddy) to bring in a 5/6th choice attacking midfielder isn’t a decision I’d be happy with. Gunn and Muric who can play, both wanted to leave for first team games.

I’ve got to admit I’ve not seen enough of him to form an opinion I’d 100% stand by but the complete lack of interest in him from top clubs despite those goal and assist statistics and his YouTube highlights suggests something is missing. Whether it’s consistency, work rate or attitude something isn’t quite right for his agent to be whoring him around like he clearly is when he’s clearly got game changing ability.

Not sure there’s a young homegrown or club trained keeper who can play out the way we want, leaving yourself a single point of failure or one injury (Eddy) to bring in a 5/6th choice attacking midfielder isn’t a decision I’d be happy with. Gunn and Muric who can play, both wanted to leave for first team games.
I'm not sure why there isn't more of a clamour for him. He's played very well the times I've seen him, he's of the right age & doesn't seem injury prone. PLUS his buy out clause is only £30m!

In terms of Bruno, I'm thinking in terms of 12 months time. I personally don't don't think Foden will be ready to replace Silva as a regular starter for another 3-4 seasons yet, so that's where Bruno comes into my thinking.

Last edited:
Rather hoped that we might be in both for him and Aouar, with one earmarked for next season. Silva will play less this season, Foden is very young and needs time to develop, and de Bruyne and Gundogan have a history of injuries. The engine tank was running on fumes towards the end of the season (Spurs and Leicester at home), and had we actually reached the CL semi-finals, it may even have been too much.

This was a signing i was really excited for.... i think he'd be a hit.

However as others have said, centre midfield isnt really a weak spot for us. I'd argue Danilo > Cancelo & a new CB would be a better improvement for the squad.

This was a signing i was really excited for.... i think he'd be a hit.

However as others have said, centre midfield isnt really a weak spot for us. I'd argue Danilo > Cancelo & a new CB would be a better improvement for the squad.

Unless we know we are getting that ban and with David Silva definitely leaving and possibly gundogan next summer it might make sense to bring him in now?

Unless we know we are getting that ban and with David Silva definitely leaving and possibly gundogan next summer it might make sense to bring him in now?

I definitely agree, however can see that Pep / city wont think that way. Would push Foden down the pecking order + Zin now hes been moved to a free #8 role.

But if we were saying; 'would we be stronger if we signed Bruno Fernandes this summer'

Most definitely. I think he'd be knocking on the door of the first 11 most weeks. Almost a mini KdB imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.