Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re missing one particularly important point.

Any player can go so long as the club receives an offer it believes to be satisfactory.

Surely not ;-)
Come on, you know how it works.

Pep wants perfection.
Anybody is giving 100% and that's what we expect.
An unhappy stinker (hopefully not!) among the squad is what Klopp is hoping for, believe me.

City even want to be better, that's what Pep said.
We cannot afford any disruptions on our title hunting way.

IF Leroy wants to Bayern, and only to Bayern, the clubs would reach an agreement.
Bayern would be happy to pay €90m, no idea what their limit would be.
You seem to suggest City would say 'No', keep an unhappy worldclass player,
have all the negative talk for 2 years
and leave him on a free?

In big business you need to be realistic. Too much emotion on here.
That's not how it works.

We want to create positive stories, that's what Pep's setup is all about.

And why is that? We have no evidence either way. And it's hardly like Dortmund are miles behind Bayern.

Only Bayern would be able to afford him AND they need wingers NOW
that's what makes this fuckin story so dangerous. They HAVE the money.

Dortmund just bought Brandt and Thorgan Hazard. No space for Sané.
Also: Leroy is a Schalke kid. Joining Dortmund would be not so easy.

Forget Dortmund.

Also: Leroy is a Schalke kid. Dortmund is not so easy.

Forget Dortmund.
No how the real works is you pay the price or go away looking like a twat, it really is that simple.

You’re missing one particularly important point.

Any player can go so long as the club receives an offer it believes to be satisfactory and he had two years left ergo ‘we hold all the cards’.
Correct, we're not the club we were 15 years ago, of course he can "go", but only at a price we dictate. bayern won't pay that much, so they're trying to unsettle him to ask to leave, or run his contract down so they get him for nothing, bayern know exactly what they're doing, and may even have been encouraged by Leroy, but if he does that, he'll be told to get them to offer enough and we'll let him go, and in the meantime we'll make it known he's available to the best bidder, if we then get a good enough offer, and he refuses, he won't play much if at all.

All this stuff about him being in Pep's bad books is pure speculation brought on because he's not been playing, but he wasn't playing because others couldn't be replaced due to how well they were playing.

Surely not ;-)
Come on, you know how it works.

Pep wants perfection.
Anybody is giving 100% and that's what we expect.
An unhappy stinker (hopefully not!) among the squad is what Klopp is hoping for, believe me.

City even want to be better, that's what Pep said.
We cannot afford any disruptions on our title hunting way.

IF Leroy wants to Bayern, and only to Bayern, the clubs would reach an agreement.
Bayern would be happy to pay €90m, no idea what their limit would be.
You seem to suggest City would say 'No', keep an unhappy worldclass player,
have all the negative talk for 2 years
and leave him on a free?

In big business you need to be realistic. Too much emotion on here.
That's not how it works.

We want to create positive stories, that's what Pep's setup is all about.
City will have their price and they won’t sell a top player, with two years left on his contract for less than that figure, especially in this market. To suggest otherwise is crazy.

That situation would change with 12 months left I’m sure. But not two years.

City will have their price and they won’t sell a top player, with two years left on his contract for less than that figure, especially in this market. To suggest otherwise is crazy.

That situation would change with 12 months left I’m sure. But not two years.
Normally yes, the fly in the ointment though is the possible transfer ban. If we don’t expect one then what you say is correct. If though we do we could be in a situation next summer where we either have to sell and be unable to replace him or let him run his contract down.
If we know for sure he isn't going to sign and want to replace him this year time is starting to run short this summer and we might need to accept a lower than we’d ideally like.
Personally I have no idea whats likely or not but there are circumstances that only the club can judge with all the information where we might take a Bayern offer.

Also: Leroy is a Schalke kid. Joining Dortmund would be not so easy.

Forget Dortmund.

I was referring to some sort of Sancho-Sane swap deal but I didn't consider the complexities of a former Schalke youth moving to Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.