Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s were our opinions differ. I think Foden is more than capable of starting 10-15 league games right now, as well as starting in all the domestic cup competitions. He’s still got to mature physically and that will come in time but we can’t keep holding him back, otherwise he’ll leave just like Sancho and Diaz. That doesn’t mean we should just play him for the sake of it, it means if he’s earned his chance he should be given the opportunity.

Don’t get me wrong some games we’ll need to pull him off at 45-60 minutes if he’s not having an impact but again that’s part of the learning curve with him, especially when we have the luxury of Silva or Gundogan ready to step in.

If anyone thinks he’s not ready technically or tactically then they’re talking utter bollocks (in my opinion), I’d love them to clarify why and what exactly he’s not capable of, to me it’s just a handy excuse to spend rather than develop. You can guarantee it’ll be the same people who argued to the death that Pep should change his system and philosophy in that first season until he got his players in. When in fact he was using that season to develop the players and instil (is that the right word?) his methods and tactics which meant by his second season we were good to go and got 100 points. It’s just proof “sometimes” you have to put development above results, it’s just finding the right balance between the two.
Foden has proven himself at youth level, but expecting him to start & be effective at man kevel, over 40+ games per season, & to replace what we've lost in David Silva? Can't see it mate.

As an example; against Spurs, at times he made so little impact, that I felt like we were a man short. However he did score the all important goal which made many clamour for him to become an instant starter.

Foden's time will come, but we can't possibly expect to thrust our expectations on him at his current level. BTW, I wasn't one of those calling Pep 'Fraudiola' & trying to advise the great man how to approach playing in the PL. :-)

Last edited:
Bruno is 24.If we sign him how does Foden gets in anyway?? How Foden's time will come?? In 3 years when Foden's 'time comes' we would be still stacked in that position - Bruno Fernandez, Replacement of Ilkay (bcoz even next year when we will be linked with someone people will give same excuse that Foden is not ready and we must sign someone).We will accept a teenager from other teams with open arms but will use the term not ready for our very own players.

Foden has proven himself at youth level, but expecting him to start & be effective at man kevel, over 40+ games per season, & to replace what we've lost in David Silva? Can't see it mate.

As an example; against Spurs, at times he made so little impact, that I felt like we were a man short. However he did score the all important goal which made many clamour for him to become an instant starter.

Foden's time will come, but we can't possibly expect to thrust our expectations on him at his current level. BTW, I wasn't one of those calling Pep 'Fraudiola' & trying to advise the great man how to approach playing in the PL. :-)
This is one of those posts were you’re replying to something no one has ever actually said. Who mentioned anything about starting 40+ games? And who mentioned anything about him having an impact in every single game?

It’s like you’ve got the extremities of him absolutely not being ready for 3-4 years and him being an instant first team regular right this very second in your head. When the truth actually lies in the middle but you’re not prepared to see it or even read it.

I think Fodens time is very much here, just not in the sense that you said. I think he will start a lot more games in the PL this season, though probably only 10/15 max and he we will be heavily involved in the cups. This will be a great year of development for him and hopefully set him up for a future regular role. If we did sign fernandes, I feel that would be severely restricted.

Back on subject with Fernandes.

We want players who will come in and have the ability to improve the first team (e.g. Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Ederson and Bernardo) within 12 months. Mahrez and Mendy haven’t quite gone to plan for various reasons but again if they play to the best of their ability they would be first team regulars. Bringing in the likes of Danilo as a squad player leads to the situation we’re in now, he’s not entirely happy with the lack of game time and we’re not entirely happy because we want someone who can hopefully replace Walker.

Fernandes just strikes me as another squad player, yes he’s good, very good in fact, yes he will get some game time but in 1-2 years he’ll be fed up and wanting to leave. He’s never going to replace De Bruyne who is simply the best all round midfielder in world football (fitness permitting) and we can’t utilise two #8’s who are so similar. De Bruyne and Silva works, De Bruyne and Bernardo works, De Bruyne and Gundogan works. Yet you put Silva and Gundogan together for example and it’s slow, ineffective and just doesn’t work even though they’re both brilliant players, they’re too similar and you lose that variety of long range passing and running at defenders.

Yes I know Angelino is probably a squad player (if Mendy is fit) but that’s different, he’s the right player at the right time and the right price to be more than worth a gamble especially with him being classed as club trained it’s a free hit!!

I think Fodens time is very much here, just not in the sense that you said. I think he will start a lot more games in the PL this season, though probably only 10/15 max and he we will be heavily involved in the cups. This will be a great year of development for him and hopefully set him up for a future regular role. If we did sign fernandes, I feel that would be severely restricted.

This will be his first ‘proper’ season imo.

Dave will be gone this time next year and if Bernardo can step into his shoes and Foden into his, we’ll save ourselves a fucking fortune.

Think he’ll start 15ish league games and come on as a sub in many of the others.

This season will ready him for taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.