Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

This was awesome format ...I know some say it doesn't have more countries involved, but never seen so even competition..Final was worthy of being final ,apart from another blunder by icc for that rule..But over all this format has proved that 50 Overs cricket is here to stay ...next is ashes and t20 wc next year and also icc test championship...a great year if you are cricket fan.

Good thing England has binned the domestic 50 over comp into a 2nd XI tournament then!

This was awesome format ...I know some say it doesn't have more countries involved, but never seen so even competition..Final was worthy of being final ,apart from another blunder by icc for that rule..But over all this format has proved that 50 Overs cricket is here to stay ...next is ashes and t20 wc next year and also icc test championship...a great year if you are cricket fan.
What blunder is that? If you mean Stokes' six, if the ball was going for overthrows, hit the batter and deflected to a fielder, then the fielding team benefit. It's fair in my opinion, although Sky saying this morning they should have only had five, not six, because the batsmen hadn't crossed when the ball was thrown.

It's been a terrific tournament, overall, with all sorts of twists and turns. Even the English summer weather was a player, who played his part.

But — I'm sorry, I'll get pelters for being a glum bugger — but I have to find the winning by virtue of more boundaries a lousy, meaningless rule. England rightly win it by virtue of (I think) more victories than anyone else over the whole tournament (or at least certainly more victories than the Kiwis), or by virtue of the best run rate, if you like. Those are meaningful to me. Getting more boundaries than the other side in a match? Sorry, but that means nothing, at least not to me.
Don't get me wrong: absolutely buzzing about England finally being World Champions in my lifetime. And they are rightly so. They are the world's best one-day team, until further notice. I was jumping around like anyone yesterday. And it confirmed once again that when cricket works, it is easily as exciting as any other sport in the world.
For me, the most deeply satisfying form of the game is, and always will be, the five day Test match. But I know I'm in a dwindling minority on that. If you're able to get to the match every day (and it's a long, long time since that's been the case for me) you go through — how can I put it? — an entire episode of your life. And a five match series of five day matches, when every match is fiercely contested every single day? Wonderful stuff! Bring on the Aussies against the World Champions. Bring it on…

What blunder is that? If you mean Stokes' six, if the ball was going for overthrows, hit the batter and deflected to a fielder, then the fielding team benefit. It's fair in my opinion, although Sky saying this morning they should have only had five, not six, because the batsmen hadn't crossed when the ball was thrown.

Seriously? So NZ won then?

Blimey. That's some error.

Is there a wide angle still showing the time of the throw somewhere?
The live pictures showed the fielder throwing the ball and the batsmen had only just started their runs - nowhere near crossing tbh. The umpires just didn't check for it, it seems.
45f098b0-a69e-11e9-bdff-8d8bf0011412

Cheers.
Maybe that's what the discussions that the NZ players and umpires were about, although that's a pretty obscure rule.
Scores can be adjusted post match of mistakes occur - not this time clearly. Seriously though, if the team had known they required another run they would have played differently for the rest of the over :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.