Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don't.

We are a successful business and we don't let players under contract go where they want on the cheap.

Erm. Delph for (up to) 10m?

I'd love to agree, I really would, but when have we sold a player like a 'business'? iheanacho and diaz maybe.

Negredo, bugger all, got the move he wanted. Hart, bony, jovetic, nolito, navas, boateng, kolarov, etc etc etc, all got moves they wanted for peanuts. Heck we sold Dzeko for 14m (after an initial loan), which we argued was good, two years later Roma nearly sold him for 38m but he refused the move. All played a part for the club, and im happy for them, but the club didn't go for a high fee or flog them off to china like Chelsea for huge amounts.

I'm adamant we shouldn't even consider under 30m for Nico. I'd rather he stayed in fact, as i dont see any replacements of his quality without breaking the bank. And then needing time to settle in. But i do also think folk here are right, we'll prob be get up to 20m for him including add-ons.

Last edited:

I'd love to agree, I really would, but when have we sold a player like a 'business'? iheanacho and diaz maybe.

Negredo, bugger all, got the move he wanted. Hart, bony, jovetic, nolito, navas, boateng, kolarov, etc etc etc, all got moves they wanted for peanuts. Heck we sold Dzeko for 14m (after an initial loan), which we argued was good, two years later Roma nearly sold him for 38m but he refused the move. All played a part for the club, and im happy for them, but the club didn't go for a high fee or flog them off to china like Chelsea for huge amounts.

I'm adamant we shouldn't even consider under 30m for Nico. I'd rather he stayed in fact, as i dont see any replacements of his quality without breaking the bank. And then needing time to settle in. But i do also think folk here are right, we'll prob be get up to 20m for him including add-ons.
We were more than happy for Delph to go, and same with Danilo.
IF Nico goes, we are seriously short at CB

Last edited:

Plenty of our players know that we will look after them for their service, that’s the beauty of our success and togetherness - we rarely have wankers at our club who force the move.

We are crap at getting decent prices, it’s widely accepted, but fuck it as we are the most successful club in England in recent times and we’ve got the best owners in the world. It’s a small price to pay, lol.

ps. Nico will be well aware of this, hence why he is probably saying he only wants to go to Valencia and why they will be low balling us as they know we will look after him, so imo we will be lucky to get some shitty loan with obligation to buy at somewhere around £15/20mil.

I expect that if Otamendi leaves then we will splash the cash for Maguire because we will have lost two CB's. At RB we have Danilo (at the moment) and Walker, at LB we have Mendy/Angelino/Zinchenko at CB if Nico leaves we have just Stones and LaPorte, we know Dinho can play CB and there is Garcia so we absolutely will have to break the bank in my opinion as we will be very thin at CB.

By all accounts we made our money back if not more on Negredo.
Hart, form fallen off a cliff and we have more than had our moneys worth.
Bony, got back half the fee we paid considering his form at the time and fitness I would say we did well.
Jovetic, again I think we got back about half the fee.
Navas, got our moneys worth and let him go back to his home club.
Boateng, some bad injuries and was crying for a move back to Germany, not many other options.
Kolarov and Dzeko had no other suitors than Roma, can't sit them on the bench and hold out for stupid fees.

We aren't a selling club, we haven't sold a single player who has been at their peak since the takeover other than arguably Tevez but that was different circumstances. If we want to win the net spend cup then we can easily do so but it will be to a massive loss to the squad.

Whatever we get for Nico will be what he is worth, only Valencia seem interested and if we make back 15-20m euros then once again its very good business. We have had Nico for the peak years of his career and he has more than contributed his part to the trophies.

By all accounts we made our money back if not more on Negredo.
Hart, form fallen off a cliff and we have more than had our moneys worth.
Bony, got back half the fee we paid considering his form at the time and fitness I would say we did well.
Jovetic, again I think we got back about half the fee.
Navas, got our moneys worth and let him go back to his home club.
Boateng, some bad injuries and was crying for a move back to Germany, not many other options.
Kolarov and Dzeko had no other suitors than Roma, can't sit them on the bench and hold out for stupid fees.

We aren't a selling club, we haven't sold a single player who has been at their peak since the takeover other than arguably Tevez but that was different circumstances. If we want to win the net spend cup then we can easily do so but it will be to a massive loss to the squad.

Whatever we get for Nico will be what he is worth, only Valencia seem interested and if we make back 15-20m euros then once again its very good business. We have had Nico for the peak years of his career and he has more than contributed his part to the trophies.

I wasn't having a moan, i was agreeing that the club generally helps players get their moves, and i guess if Nico does leave, the fee he is worth wont be what we get. If it is to Valencia.

Really hope he stays. A proper warrior, who can also play a bit - didn’t he have the most completed passes of any player in the premier league the season before last?

Totally agree
As I mentioned yesterday it would be ludicrous to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.