Away tickets

I’m surprised the club give a fuck who goes to away games.

I don’t go to away games now so these changes don’t affect me but I think it’s part of a wider plan to dislodge older, hardcore supporters who spend relatively fuck all compared to corporate members, tourists and younger fans in general. The demographic of our fan base isn’t what the club wants.

I don’t go to away games now so these changes don’t affect me but I think it’s part of a wider plan to dislodge older, hardcore supporters who spend relatively fuck all compared to corporate members, tourists and younger fans in general. The demographic of our fan base isn’t what the club wants.

I have no doubt on that last bit. If they could fill an away end and monetize those present at the same time, then I’m sure they would. Those City in the City events but on a mass scale. Fortunately, we don’t have the demand at the top end as shown by the empty seats in corporate areas

I have no doubt on that last bit. If they could fill an away end and monetize those present at the same time, then I’m sure they would. Those City in the City events but on a mass scale. Fortunately, we don’t have the demand at the top end as shown by the empty seats in corporate areas

I’m thinking more about the club wanting to trim a lot of the older support in order to create room for the other demographics I listed. There is obviously no financial benefit to the club with away games BUT if the home demographic gets younger, more corporate and touristy then I’m sure they would be delighted.

As the old saying goes you always hurt the ones that love you the most, a decision that the club will come to regret, many many games in the last decade have been a hard sell despite the success, the core have always picked up the slack, now the incentive has gone I suspect swathes of empties at the unattractive fixtures, and it will be totally deserved

As the old saying goes you always hurt the ones that love you the most, a decision that the club will come to regret, many many games in the last decade have been a hard sell despite the success, the core have always picked up the slack, now the incentive has gone I suspect swathes of empties at the unattractive fixtures, and it will be totally deserved
Great point.

So your saying to people just starting out that they can go to 3-4 games a year that are unfashionable, midweek and far away- btw you’ll never be able to catch up points wise and the the people on higher points just pass on tickets anyway.

Lots of games have become a closed shop and lots of fans have no chance at all of being able to go to games. Plenty of people think it is an issue- the club apparently aswell.

It's not 3 to 4 it's more like 12 to 15 away games that went to very low points last season.

'Plenty of people think it is an issue'. Eat at Joe's Cafe, 3 million cockroaches can't be wrong? This isn't an argument, it avoids the inconvenient fact that there was ample opportunity for people to build up their points over a period of time. What people couldn't do was quickly qualify for Anfield or Old Trafford.

It’s been happening for years though. I’d argue a lot of people defend the club though as long as they can still go to go games. Season ticket price rises, champions league price rises - load of posters in here defend. It’s only when it effects them personally....

It’s the problem we have in England people don’t mass boycott or protest. They just keep paying - alright jacks

I don't know what you've wrote but there's no need to abuse him if you have. 5% of the away allocation is going to fans who are lucky enough to watch a successful city but unlucky enough to only ever be able to go to the least popular away games (unlike those born in any other era) - and even then, they find out last minute. 5% is a really miniscule amount and all but 150 of those who feel they're entitled to go to every single City game will still get first dibs on tickets. Absolutely no need for the reaction this is getting for doing a difficult job. If you're gonna get abusive towards anyone, direct it towards Sorriano for the ever increasing corporate allocation at away games.
Very few people were against the 5% allocation to the youngsters, but we were lied to.
He claimed the allocation was to spilt evenly across all the groups of supporters, but it has come from one group only which is why you are now getting this reaction.
This is also the same group who will have to track to the away ticket office to be allowed in.

Great move by the club but doesn't go far enough, this should be extended and I'd even have a ballot for every away game.
For the many, not the few old duffers

We could reset the points system to zero today and instigate a ballot for every single away ticket and 2 things would be certain:

1) The people at the front of the queue now, would be back at the front of the queue in 5 years time. They would be the ones who will watch City home and away and make huge sacrifices to do so.

2) The people who have fallen behind now would have fallen behind again because they really only want to go to Anfield and Old Trafford. They would of course insist that 'something should be done'.

When 'old duffers' like me have faded away (or been driven away by the club), I hope the younger generation don't have the cheek to reply 'we were there when we were shit' when away fans taunt us, because lads you really weren't.

Here's a more democratic way of doing things in the future.

After the club have discussed idea's with the reps, they should give every season ticket holder a chance to vote on it.

There should be a page on the OS where the idea is posted, you need to be a season ticket holder, you need to log in with your OS user details, then you vote. Once you have voted you cannot vote again. And there is a set tme to cast your vote. Once the votes are counted, the decision is final, and displayed on the OS.

That way you involve as many sesdson ticket holders as possible, and not just the reps, and small selected groups of City fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.