Mikel Oyarzabal

He doesn't rely on pace, which is the point I believe Keeper! was making in that all good wingers have pace.

He's not Rick Holden slow, but a low centre of gravity and the ability to change direction quickly is much more important to his game.

Physical attributes can make up for shortcomings in players' games. I.e. Kyle Walker isn't the best positionally and doesn't have the best anticipation, but his speed covers for him. If he could anticipate better, he wouldn't need his speed so much.

In the same way, Hazard doesn't run directly away from opponents, he jinks one way and then the other, manipulating the ball in such a way that the defender finds it very difficult to take the ball off him.
Speed scares defenders, speed can make even the best defenders look like idiots.

Mahrez in my opinion would be far easier to mark than someone with out and out pace like Sane and Sterling.

The fuck has that got to do with his point?

Christ, does this Mike lad run with crutches or something?
The game back then was very slow the ball was slower the pitches also slowed everything and the players were all slower partially through diet and training, so ask yourself `what the fuck has that got to do with his point` Oyarzabal is an outstanding player who is too slow to play winger

He doesn't rely on pace, which is the point I believe Keeper! was making in that all good wingers have pace.

He's not Rick Holden slow, but a low centre of gravity and the ability to change direction quickly is much more important to his game.

Physical attributes can make up for shortcomings in players' games. I.e. Kyle Walker isn't the best positionally and doesn't have the best anticipation, but his speed covers for him. If he could anticipate better, he wouldn't need his speed so much.

In the same way, Hazard doesn't run directly away from opponents, he jinks one way and then the other, manipulating the ball in such a way that the defender finds it very difficult to take the ball off him.
Sound reasoning but you used Hazard and Messi both were outstandingly fast you would have been better using Bernardo who is also faster but a very similar player, but then we already know Bernado can do a job on the wing but a better one as AM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.