Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Lower league football is in the doldrums sadly. No business can survive when only 2-3000 people in the town support the club. Rugby league was on its arse years ago and they changed the format and hey presto. Football always thinks it knows best, won’t change and it becomes survival of the fittest.

I see their opening game this weekend has been suspended. The Football League aren't satisfied that the necessary finances are in place. Bolton's game goes ahead though.

They have to look at merging, it's the future. I know some fans never like it but the club is about to vanish, surely a merge to form a new club from scratch gives them a chance going forward? Oldham and Rochdale seems an obvious one?

They have to look at merging, it's the future. I know some fans never like it but the club is about to vanish, surely a merge to form a new club from scratch gives them a chance going forward? Oldham and Rochdale seems an obvious one?
This was put forward a few years back.
They were going to be called North Manchester FC.
It fell through , don't know why.
I can assure you that Rochdale will never merge with Bury.

This was put forward a few years back.
They were going to be called North Manchester FC.
It fell through , don't know why.
I can assure you that Rochdale will never merge with Bury.
Manchester North End was another name put forward. Quite liked it personally.

In the end, they're all struggling to survive on such low support bases. They know the only way to survive is reinvent themselves by combining support but they'd rather go bust, so screw them. Sad though.

How about merging with the team that used to share Gigg Lane with them and call themselves the Moston Rag Socks

i dont think we should. if we save them then we have to save all the others.... hyde, rochdale.....

one of the main reasons theses clubs are struggling is because a lot of local dont go to games and instead watch us or united.

also i think the rules state that no other big club can invest in bury and buy them ?? i think you are only aloud to be involved in one club in the same country ??

why should city fans help if people of bury don't give a fuck ?? football is a cruel sport and its dog eat dog, and the little club's have always lived on the back of others helping out but they never learn and a couple of seasons later they are in a bigger mess. manchester city give bury a whole training complex and all they had to do was keep the up keeping and pay the bills ??? even that they fucked up and stopped paying the bills

enough is enough and i would say to all city fans and others don't give them anything more because they have never learnt and never will

also i think the rules state that no other big club can invest in bury and buy them ?? i think you are only aloud to be involved in one club in the same country ??

why should city fans help if people of bury don't give a fuck ?? football is a cruel sport and its dog eat dog, and the little club's have always lived on the back of others helping out but they never learn and a couple of seasons later they are in a bigger mess. manchester city give bury a whole training complex and all they had to do was keep the up keeping and pay the bills ??? even that they fucked up and stopped paying the bills

enough is enough and i would say to all city fans and others don't give them anything more because they have never learnt and never will
Harsh but fair Ancoats.
They obviously need some "Tough Love" to sort their problems out. And the same applies to The Trotters.

Was there a deadline yesterday?

It does look terminal, if the club is wound up what do they do with the fixtures? Is there time to promote teams up to fill the schedule?

What a mess!

i dont think we should. if we save them then we have to save all the others.... hyde, rochdale.....

one of the main reasons theses clubs are struggling is because a lot of local dont go to games and instead watch us or united.
Rochdale don’t need saving, I believe they are a very well run machine. No debt, granted - no success, but they turn over nicely.

With Hyde, I’d say fuck em. We helped them once and once the deal finished, they slagged us off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.